Arcadis Gen is the new SaaS business from Arcadis, backed by a €3bn+ revenue, 27,000-person, 70-country, 130-year-old company. We are bold, dynamic, and disruptive, revolutionizing the future of digital asset management through our 250+ colleagues in over 10 countries worldwide.
Gen has one purpose: to unlock the power of data for a more sustainable, efficient, and resilient world. The world is rapidly changing, and the potential of boundless data and transformative technologies brings countless challenges. And no-one is meeting these challenges quite like we are. Our customers want digital solutions that will optimize their businesses – for better performance, reliability, and improved quality of life for everyone. And that is what we do.
We are looking for experienced Technical Authors to work in our Software Product Development teams. Technical Authors are responsible for documenting of our software products to help our users and colleagues achieve the best outcomes with them. To help us achieve our ambition to deliver highly scalable, exceptional software to our clients across the globe, the Technical Author will play a key role in the creating documentation and on-line help for Arcadis Gen software products ensuring high quality documentation is produced to specification.
The Technical Author will be passionate about delivering exceptional, user-friendly documentation, and have a drive to innovate and continuously improve an existing portfolio of user level documentation as well as technical documentation such as release notes.
You will work within a high-performing Agile team delivering exciting new products. Our teams are highly self-organising, and you will be expected to fit in to our self-starting, highly motivated team ethos. You will be responsible to your fellow team members, and report progress to the scrum master and the product owner.
Our products solve problems and unlock data on the physical asset lifecycle. You will be working with a mix of teams who are developing our next generation software products on our Arcadis Gen platform as working with teams who are working our existing product sets. We are rapidly expanding the number and size of our product teams, which you will be instrumental in facilitating.
- Create User Guides and Online Help for a range of software products, including recommending tools that will improve this production.
- Maintain all existing user documentation in line with product changes, and respond to user experiences and feedback.
- Liaise closely with the development team on the more technical aspects of documentation. The operations performed by the software are highly complex and it will be important that the appropriate level of technical detail is captured in the documentation.
- Conform to documentation processes and procedures including review to ensure a high standard of documentation in Arcadis Gen.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of documentation trends and provide suitable interpretation.
- Work with our Customer Success and Support teams to improve the interaction of our documentation and users.
- Provide technical authoring input in terms of processes and techniques for the organisation and delivery of product documentation.
- Work within our Scrum teams in an Agile framework to provide quality outputs.
Deliverables – Key deliverables will include:
- Documentation of software features and functionality in line with the development process
- Documentation of supporting technical processes such as build and release processes
- Produce supporting images, graphics and diagrams
- Convey information appropriate to a specified target audience (from End-User to Subject Matter Expert)
What You Bring
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified and have several years commercial documentation experience in an Agile environment. They will have appropriate professional qualifications and be passionate about delivering high quality software and market leading products.
Beyond that we are looking for someone who takes pride in the quality of the software documentation and can balance short and long term perspectives as well as balance the day to day tasks whilst also maintaining a focus on the overall solution.
Essential Experience & Capabilities
- 3+ years experience working in a technical author role
- Excellent written English skills
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in an agile, Scrum based, development environment
- Working knowledge of modern I.T. systems
Beneficial Not Essential
- Experience with delivering content through digital adoption platforms
- Asset Management knowledge
- Asset Performance Management knowledge
- Analytics knowledge
- International experience
- Additional language skills
- An environment with an innovative culture and the entrepreneurial spirit of a scale-up, we have access to Arcadis global offices and also have flexible working spaces in Serbia and Sheffield, UK. We encourage you to work from the office, as it works best for you to maximise your ability to collaborate and your productivity.
- A flexible working environment that proactively encourages you to integrate the demands of home and work and which considers wellbeing and sustainable human performance as core components of our strategy.
- A series of Healthy Working Practices across Arcadis Gen, including Thinking Thursdays, a day dedicated each week to minimizing meetings and maximizing opportunities to reduce the cognitive load.
- Opportunities to future proof yourself by working with highly motivated, curious and skilled colleagues in multiple geographies globally.
- A strong commitment to learning and growth, including a #lovetolearn cash contribution for you to invest in the learning platform of your choice.
- We are working toward our BCorp certification which will recognise our high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability, and hope to have secured this by the end of the year
And of course
- Compensation and performance incentive schemes which reward superior delivery.
- Leading healthcare, financial and wellbeing benefits, with support for learning and professional development.
- 25 days of annual leave