PLAYSTUDIOS, Inc. is the creator of the groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty platform, and a publisher and developer of award-winning mobile games, including the iconic Tetris® mobile app, POP! Slots, myVEGAS Slots, myVEGAS Blackjack, my KONAMI Slots, myVEGAS Bingo, and MGM Slots Live. Besides USA and Asia, Playstudios Europe has opened its doors in Belgrade in 2021. We are working on the Pop! Slots and MGM Slots Live games and from this year, we are working on the new Tetris® app. We are a dynamic and young-minded environment, blooming with talented developers, creatives, quality assurance professionals, and other leaders working together to change the face of social gaming!
We're looking for a motivated and ambitious Technical Director to join our rapidly growing studio.
- Leading a global team of developers and engineers to build the technical basis of our core games, for them to be used by millions of users monthly.
- Collaborating with product managers and project managers on devising features, planning releases, and delivering on schedule.
- Analyzing workflows, processes, and operations to provide suggestions for improvement in form of methodologies and tools.
- Ensuring an environment that embraces sustainable live operations, and a regular cadence of game releases and updates.
- Building effective communication channels with other studios and development teams to remove dependencies, and to share and gain knowledge for improving methodologies and tooling.
- Recruiting and onboarding of new employees (whether directly managed or not)
- Motivating, guiding, and inspiring team members – employees and colleagues.
- Performing performance reviews of employees and making sure they’re both fulfilling their potential and are aligned with the company's culture and standards.
- BSc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ years of leadership experience (from teams to groups and managing managers)
- 3+ years managing multiple technical teams (Backend, Frontend, QA, Technical artists, tools engineer, DevOps engineers, etc)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices architecture
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP), Serverless applications, and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience working with graphical engines (Unity, Unreal, etc)
- Working knowledge of computer graphics processes and techniques
- Experience developing real-time large-scale applications
- Experience with developing (or playing) online games