As Switzerland’s leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive their businesses. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
We are looking for a Requirements Engineer and Operations who is attracted to work in a dynamic and growing environment at Tamedia. Tamedia's daily and weekly newspapers, magazines and news platforms combine strong local roots with an international network. As well as raising public awareness, they provide information, guidance and entertainment. In this role you will work closely with our product owners and translate high-level business needs into clear and detailed requirements for the cross-functional development team.
What you will do:
- As a Requirements Engineer and Operations you can expect to be part of the following activities:
- Work together with solution architects on a solution concept and refine it further into a clear technical specification.
- Assist in the preparation of user stories for the cross-functional team. Be involved in all stages of the development cycle of a feature.
- Participate in troubleshooting and help business stakeholders with operational issues or features, where technical expertise is needed.
- Participate in the testing of important features.
What you should bring:
To be successful in this role, we believe you will need the following competencies:
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design/development for web services and APIs ( (GitHub, Lucidchart, Atlassian Suite – Jira, Confluence)
- Technical background (developer/tester in the past)
- Skills and knowledge of requirements elicitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Experienced in working in a team distributed across multiple locations and multiple cultures
- Fluent in English
- Languages: NodeJs with Typescript, Java and some Python/Go
- Infrastructure/pipelines: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Github actions, Argo
- Data: Kafka, DBT, Athena
What we offer:
- Be a part of an established Swiss-based subsidiary – TX Services in Belgrade
- We value work-life balance and have flexible working hours. We don't track time, we trust our people
- We offer you a chance to visit conferences and training if you wish to do so
- Lots of team activities and perks: "beer evenings", yearly retreats, hackathons
- Work with an international team of talented engineers
- Modern, sunny and open working place with a positive and fun atmosphere.
- A stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally
We're looking forward to your application!