As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
As a Core Backend Test Automation Engineer, you will form part of a cross-functional team, where you will own and drive the automated testing effort to ensure quality of features spanning multiple services. This will allow you to gain a deep understanding of the domain and its services for which you will act as a liaison to other teams in terms of testing efforts. Your work will follow and improve on the standards, practices and frameworks of the broader QA team. Your time will be spent implementing and extending automated functional tests, monitoring suites, mocking services, as well as performing manual ad-hoc tests when needed.
What you will do
- Implement and extend automated functional test suite to achieve higher test coverage
- Build and manage continuous testing pipelines
- Debug, log, reproduce and document bugs encountered during testing efforts
- Learn and understand the business domain and application architecture
- Facilitate the test strategy, planning, and schedule of the product team’s development initiatives
- Ensure timely completion of test deliverables
Who you are
- Experience programming in either Rust or Python
- Prior experience implementing automated testing of distributed systems
- Comfortable with command line and Git
- Excited about getting comfortable and productive in Rust
- Familiarity with common communication protocols, particularly HTTP, SSL/TLS, TCP sockets, and WebSockets
- Interest and familiarity with financial markets and trading, particularly order types and collateral/margin trading
- Well versed with issue-tracking tools such as Bugzilla and JIRA
- Comfortable and productive working on a remote-first basis
- BS in STEM major, or equivalent professional experience developing software
Nice to have
- Practical experience in CI/CD and their pipelines
- Experience with Docker
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.