Established in 2011, Birdseye has pioneered the Remote Facility Supervision industry with a mission to make the world a safe place. Facilities across North America are signing long-term contracts to have their facilities supervised and/or secured by Birdseye’s dedicated team of more than 350 professionals.
Birdseye’s well-integrated technology solution eliminates the need for costly on-site security guards or general administrative staff. Our strong belief is that any work function that can be digitized, can, and eventually will be operated remotely. Birdseye, an essential service, is proudly serving other essential services making it recession proof and stable during all economic cycles.
Birdseye is headquartered in Toronto with offices in the USA and Serbia. To learn more about our culture, kindly visit our website www.bvpserbia.com as well as our LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook pages.
About the Opportunity:
If you are looking for a permanent long-term placement where you will have an opportunity to always see what the world will look like 10-years ahead, join our team today. As one of Canada's fastest growing security solutions companies, you will be part of an energetic and ambitious team that takes pride in working together in a harmonious atmosphere. We are looking for positive individuals that can thrive in a fast paced environment. Our fast growing customer base from a variety of industries will provide you with a diverse set of experiences.
Birdseye Security’s Intermediate Web Designer will work closely with the Manager, Digital Marketing to identify, design, implement, and maintain all Birdseye Security and related web properties. These properties will conform with modern web design principles, and will be optimized for comprehension and conversion.
Working across internal functions, the Intermediate Web Designer will be able to identify and prioritize new web projects that support the long term goals of the organization. With limited supervision, and working closely with internal and external content writer(s), this individual will execute on their vision – creating new web properties – from initial design through final sign-off.
As a key function of your role, you will be able to identify areas of improvement through the careful analysis of web traffic and behavioural data.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Design page layouts and templates that drive information comprehension and conversion
- Digital Retouching and Image Editing
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with Birdseye branding.
- Visual design focus on digital products that determine how a website looks and feels
- Improve the UX/UI and visual website design
- HTML / CSS knowledge
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes.
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
- Work with front-end web developers to deploy designs.
- Maintain existing WordPress web pages – making minor updates independent of web developer(s).
- Create and maintain a database of design assets, including selecting and preparing imagery and other web assets for use in final product
- Develop and maintain consistent branding.
- Utilize data and analytics in making design decisions.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Graphic Design, or related field.
- Professional certification in Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Cloud (or similar), and proficiency with Web CMS platform WordPress strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is also important.
- 5 years proven work experience as a Web Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of website projects that demonstrate familiarity with UX-based design and optimization across all device types.
- Proven understanding of graphic design fundamentals
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept to launch
- Strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to deliver production-ready digital assets in a wide variety of formats
- Awareness of UI/UX principles
- Understanding of technical SEO and how to design to positively influence search algorithms
- Familiarity with digital photo editing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with web publishing / CMS platforms such as WordPress
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with HTML and CSS
- Comfort working in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy