|DATA ANALYST│Full time
The Swiss online market leader digitec Galaxus AG manages two online shops in Switzerland, digitec.ch and galaxus.ch, as well as galaxus.de in Germany and galaxus.at in Austria. In the last 5 years, our assortment grew to 3.5 million active products and we as the operative center in Belgrade have grown from 10 to 320 employees. However, the most valuable type of growth for us are not the numbers, but the personal development and the knowledge of our employees.
The Category Management at Digitec Galaxus is responsible for developing, purchasing and marketing of our products in the two online stores in Switzerland, Germany and Austria. The Portfolio Development Platform is the driving force behind assortment growth. The platform contains 3 teams with a technical/supporting function: Product Content Development, Product Data Integration and Shop Structure Management.
As one of our primary responsibility areas are data import and automation, product content and structural setup of the online shop, our analysis, tools, reports, or better said our business decisions rely heavily on the understanding of our databases and their structure, different logic and technical and process-oriented dependencies.
We are, therefore, looking for a motivated and ambitious data analyst, who is ready for a deep dive into the system-technical setup of our online shop and to provide continuous support for data-driven business decisions and organization. If you have experience in data science and are ready to work in a dynamic, continuously developing environment, we are the perfect e-commerce giant for you.
Our perfect candidates should bring these competencies with them:
- You are fluent in English
- You are an SQL specialist and writing complex queries is your passion
- You had experience with reporting services such as Tableau, PowerBI, Grafana, Data Studio, or similar
- You are an advanced Excel user (Makros, query integration, VBA, etc.)
- German language and experience with Google Analytics is an advantage but not a must
- You have 2-3 years of experience in a relevant area
- You enjoy working independently, researching and adapting to constant changes
- You live and promote our company values
Imagine yourself within a young team of helpful, pragmatic, and humorous colleagues, who will give you full support to become the best possible individual contributor and have all the know-how and resources needed to complete the following “to-do list”:
- Detailed knowledge of the structure and content of database tables related to:
– product data integration and automatic product creation,
– product content,
– partner offers,
– online shop product categorization,
– traffic and conversion.
- Through the thorough know-how in the above-mentioned topics, providing a reliable base for business decisions, organizing daily business, more efficient working, and gaining insights into various analytics, including creation of visuals and temporary user-friendly solutions needed by the business
- Maintenance, continuous development and actualization of existing internally developed solutions with automatic, semi-manual, or manual data sources and data imports
- Analyzing different system-technical logics and process dependencies and assisting the Portfolio Development Platform business stakeholders in setting up various requirements, business decisions, operational organization or prioritization, etc.
- Ad-hoc analysis and insights and supporting the leaders and other PDP stakeholders with advanced technical/logical dependencies
- Other tasks related to the responsibility areas per request from the leadership team of the Portfolio Development Platform
Our working environment is based on the following values: cooperative, ambitious, self-reliant, innovative, and piratical, which are firmly anchored in an unconventional company culture.
- The opportunity to not only scratch the surface in a rapidly growing e-commerce environment, but to dive deep and play a significant role in the design and organization of an innovative online store.
- You track your working time – and compensate every single minute above your contractually agreed target time
- You arrange your working hours and places (see our home office policy)
- 25 vacation days per year
- Financial support for training and further education. So that you can continuously expand your know-how
- A fix personal budget per year for your self-study and your garage projects
- Possibility to work 80% to 100% of working time. Salary will follow working time percentage.
- The 13th month pay
- Private health insurance
- 25 days of paid leave per calendar year
- Discounted employee conditions in our stores and much more