Daon is an innovative provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Research team. This is an exciting time to join our company and a chance to be part of an established and successful product development team.
Apply the latest machine learning and computer vision technologies to process identity documents:
- Design & implement document-based algorithms for use in digital onboarding & identity authentication solutions
- Develop document processing algorithms using machine learning, deep learning, image processing, & computer vision
- Create solutions to perform identity document authentication, detect tampered documents, & prevent document fraud
- Quickly prototype proof-of-concept solutions and port them to product
- Write product code to run on servers and smartphones
- Test, evaluate, and configure document processing and analysis solutions
- Create tools for data processing, labelling, analysis and generating synthetic data
- Apply your knowledge in document validation, document capture, computer vision, & image processing
Ideal Candidate will have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, a Maths related field, or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Passion for AI and documents processing
- Experience in developing & training complex state-of-the-art algorithms
- Strong machine learning and computer vision background (experience applying these techniques to document processing is a bonus)
- Proficiency in Python (notebooks and application code), good C++ a bonus
- Proven experience with machine learning frameworks such as Pytorch, scikit-learn, or Tensorflow
- Working knowledge of image processing libraries & toolkits (OpenCV, DLib or other open-source libraries)
- Familiarity with classic image processing techniques such as extraction of image descriptors, image transformation,
- Hough transforms, image denoising, colour spaces, etc.
- Ideally, have commercial experience with document capture & validation
- Experience in low-resourced domains, transfer learning or using unsupervised/lightly supervised learning techniques is a bonus
- Experience in collecting and generating training data
- Learning ability with strong mathematical aptitude
Don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes, we are flexible with requirements. At Daon, we know that ability comes in different shapes. We value passion, dedication, and a willingness to learn. Please consider applying if your experience is close to what we are looking for, as we believe that diversity is a fundamental strength.
Flexible work environment
- Hybrid approach – work from home or office
- Modern new office in the city center in Belgrade
- Working hub in the center of Novi Sad
Health & Wellness
- Full-covered medical insurance for you and your family
- Fitpass Card
- Company-sponsored life insurance
Learning & Development
- Support in personal & professional skills development through internal and external education
- Organized Sport&Social Club and company events
- Supportive and friendly people
- International working environment
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 45-minute introductory call with HR Business Partner
- Candidates selected for 2nd round interview will then be invited to a series of practical interviews with members of the team
- Successful candidates will be selected and contacted with an offer to join our team
Come join the team that is changing the way biometrics and identity authentication operate globally!