Who we are at Embroker
Embroker makes commercial insurance simple.
Since 2015, our team has worked to bring the insurance industry into the 21st century and beyond. Backed with $150M in funding, Embroker is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies. Our digital-first experience combines the best policies with the right rates that fit customer needs.
Nothing is possible without our team. As part of the Embroker Pack, you will have a direct and enormous impact on daily operations, team interactions, and culture. You’ll build cool things, meet great people, and grow with us. All from the comfort of your couch.
We are helping businesses plan for tomorrow, so they can change the world today. Are you in?
What you will own in this role
As a DevOps Engineer, you will join our Engineering team working on Embroker's software platform. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain and constantly evolve our IaC based Infrastructure
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Actively collaborate with other engineers to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Provide recommendations for architecture and process improvements
- Provide tooling for other engineers to help them monitor and log their software components.
You will be working with the coolest and latest DevOps tools, bringing great value to the company as well as constantly improving your skills.
What experience we think is the right fit
- Experience with CI/CD automation (Jenkins, Github Actions, Travis…)
- Experience designing and provisioning cloud infrastructure on AWS using Terraform (or another IaC platform)
- Experience troubleshooting problems across a wide array of services and function areas
- Experience in code development in at least one high-level programming language
- Proficiency with Kubernetes, Docker, Git, Jenkins, and software development processes for deploying applications to AWS
- Familiarity with database technology such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience in AWS and its various services
- Very good knowledge in Linux/Unix system administration
- Strong security awareness
- Good communication skills
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn
- Be proficient in spoken and written English
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
Our Pack at Embroker lives our values
- Pack First
- We succeed and fail as one team. We always optimize for what is best for our entire organization. We communicate honestly and openly, treat each other with mutual respect, and assume positive intent in interactions.
- Create Magic
- We deliver delightful experiences at every customer touchpoint and dedicate ourselves to make each one exceptional. We build transformational world-class products by applying our full creativity to find solutions to even the hardest problems.
- Be All-In
- We make focused commitments. We are accountable to ourselves and each other to deliver on time. We move fast and attack challenges with relentless positivity. We build things that make us proud.
We believe that systemic structures and practices disproportionately disadvantage the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be represented and included in the work we do, to make our Pack stronger, more creative, and improve the way we do business. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.