Who we are at Embroker
Embroker is the digital insurance company committed to transforming business insurance. With a radically simple approach, Embroker is replacing the 1970’s technology of the insurance industry, with a first-ever end-to-end digital insurance platform that provides better coverage and reduced cost; all in minutes, not hours. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in San Francisco, Embroker has raised over $142M of funding from leading fintech investors. Embroker is proud to be one of BuiltIn San Francisco's 2022 Best Mid-Sized Places to Work.
The value of this position
As a Front End Engineer, you will join our Customer Experience team to create the next generation of our customer journey. The customer experience team is made up of Product Managers, Product Marketing Managers, Designers, Customer Researchers, Engineers, and Data Analysts, working together to create a magical experience.
What you will own in this role
- Display self-leadership in the ownership of design and development initiatives that you have committed to deliver, collaborating with peers.
- Deliver responsive realizations of the customer journey as defined by the Product Managers and Designers.
What experience we think is the right fit
- 3+ years of experience in web application development
- Knowledge in web and browser concepts (eg. how the browser parses and constructs the DOM)
- Passion for web performance optimization
- Experience with writing automated tests (eg. Jest, Mocha, Jasmine)
- Ability to write clean, well-designed, and high-quality code in a highly collaborative Agile development environment
- Being okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes from learning new things
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Serbian and English language
What experience we think is nice to have
- Working knowledge of Typescript
- Knowledge of SCSS or other CSS preprocessors
- Experience with ARIA and/or Semantic HTML
- Modern CI/CD Tools (Github Actions, Gitlab)
- APM tools (Datadog, Appdyanmics, New Relic)
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup
- Experience working with a global or otherwise multicultural team
- Domain knowledge relevant to the product stage in which you are looking to join (eg. someone with CI/CD experience applying for the Verify & Release team)
Our Pack at Embroker lives our values
- Pack First
- We succeed and fail as one team. We always optimize for what is best for our entire organization. We communicate honestly and openly, treat each other with mutual respect, and assume positive intent in interactions.
- Create Magic
- We deliver delightful experiences at every customer touchpoint and dedicate ourselves to make each one exceptional. We build transformational world-class products by applying our full creativity to find solutions to even the hardest problems.
- Be All-In
- We make focused commitments. We are accountable to ourselves and each other to deliver on time. We move fast and attack challenges with relentless positivity. We build things that make us proud.
We believe that systemic structures and practices disproportionately disadvantage the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be represented and included in the work we do, to make our Pack stronger, more creative, and improve the way we do business. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.