NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: Infrastructure Support Engineer
Location: Belgrade, SRB
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for exceptional Infrastructure Support Engineers with strong Windows server skills to join our Infrastructure team in our Belgrade office.
You will be working in a newly created team who are responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and support of our unique GCP virtualized store infrastructure. This is an amazing opportunity to work with the world’s leading retailers across the globe.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience working in an Infrastructure Support Team position, show excellent interpersonal skills and have great communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Answering emails, calls and online chat in a positive and friendly manner
- Creating a record of each customer problem and spot trends when applicable
- ITSM ticket management duties
- Deliver technical IT support as required to our diverse client base
- Administer and support scalable and secure IT Infrastructure
- Collaborate with the extended Customer’s IT team, engineers, and the business to provide infrastructure expertise and support
- Monitoring live customer infrastructure, troubleshooting issues, and escalating issues where required.
- Management of Windows server operating systems
- Perform maintenance, configuration changes, and upgrades to infrastructure services during scheduled business hours, scheduled off-hours, and emergency situations
- Fulfilling scheduled IT maintenance and other systems-related tasks/duties as assigned
- Promote and provide support for new products and technologies.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of our products and technologies.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience building and maintaining infrastructure in a mix of an on-prem, datacenter, and cloud environments
- Experience securing infrastructure and managing access controls
- Experience working with vendors and providing RCA’s
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMWare
- Experience with backup and recovery tools.
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Nagios
- Working experience in mixed Windows and Linux environments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced technical environment with increasing infrastructure support demands and complexity
- Ability to multitask and manage assigned tasks to meet deadlines and project deliverables
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a professional manner with strong analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Flexible hours and the ability to be on-call or work non-standard hours during scheduled maintenance and emergencies
- Prior experience and knowledge of GCP cloud services preferred
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field (or equivalent experience)
Desirable experience with these technologies:
- Windows server OS
- Linux basic
- SQL basic
- Networking basic – LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.