As a Service Desk Agent, you will be responsible for providing expert solutions to technology problems reported by gategroup employees in a 7x24x365 Service Desk environment. The Service Desk Agent is responsible for providing superior customer service, accurately logging tickets, and effectively transitioning and escalating unresolved problems. Also responsible for maintaining a knowledge-based system of common reported problems and resolutions. Provides timely and accurate notification to other IT staff members of tickets being passed to them for resolution. Escalates reports of chronic or unresolved problems to the appropriate team lead or manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as First point of contact to the Service Desk / Front all inbound support Calls
- Triage and Diagnose reported faults applying standard fix protocols as required.
- Accurately log incidents and ensure all relevant data is captured.
- Regularly updating incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
- Escalate incidents where a first-time fix is not possible to relevant internal resolver group.
- Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary.
- Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Manager
- Follow up on calls and chase 3rd party resolvers to meet contractual SLA’s
- Manage Service Desk emails (Governance)
- Finding ways to improve the overall customer experience
- Maintains content within a knowledge-based computer system, through data entry of commonly reported problems, questions, and known resolutions and troubleshooting steps;
- Documents and communicates related IT standard policies and procedures as defined by management;
- Inbound phone calls and emails during an assigned shift in a 7x24x365 global Service Desk;
- Assists on related projects and activities as assigned by management;
- Adherence to time and metric’s tracking.
- Advise management of any issues that need immediate attention or that will affect service levels
Qualifications and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- IT related studies or previous IT Service Desk Agent experience
- Minimum 1 years’ information technology experience supporting inbound customer requests;
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a fast-paced help desk or customer service environment;
- Excellent listening, questioning, and customer service skills;
- Strong problem-solving and logical thinking skills, able to absorb and relate to new technical concepts quickly and build on knowledge learned;
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Good understanding of applying the ITIL framework
- Competent with Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge in SD Ticketing system’s (Service Now preferable)
- Confidence and an enthusiastic telephone manner
Communication and other Skills:
- Fluency in German and English language (B2 or higher)
- Good communication skills and teamwork ability
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Ensure users have a good experience with Service Desk
- Customer and Team oriented