Aspire Technology is an innovative Professional Services and Research & Development company, with core competence in mobile telecommunications. We deliver e2e services and software solutions to Mobile Network Operators, Managed Service Providers and Technology Partners globally.
Our customers include global Tier-1 mobile operators and the world’s leading suppliers of telecommunication products and services.
At Aspire Technology, we have some brilliant people who have helped us to secure several large-scale contracts with global customers. We are thrilled that we are expanding our team in 2022 as well as in the years to come having amazing opportunities for ambitious telecommunications engineers. In such a fast-paced environment, you will love the opportunity to fast track your expertise and career in tandem with our existing team. You will be joining a team of like-minded engineers, with breakthrough and innovative approaches, who will prosper in a company whose culture is about our people and delivering exceptional expertise to our customers.
We are proud to be in the leading front of the transformation on how technology companies provide services & products and assist the leading telecommunication and “Big Tech” companies across the world. The seamless interaction/communication between our telecommunications and software development teams are the key to our breakthrough approach and are paving the way to our success.
Role: ORAN Integration & Verification Engineer
As an ORAN Integration & Verification Engineer, you will participate in integration activities, verification and support to Test Lab and/or Fist Office Application Open RAN networks. You will analyse technical issues related to interoperability and troubleshooting the Open RAN environment with an end-to-end perspective always present. Also, with this role you will support First Site Integration to gain acceptance of the new RRH-DU-CU solutions into the existing client networks. You will run and verify various Test Case scenarios related to network functionality and performance including accessibility, retainability and throughput. You will work in the team of several Senior RAN engineers with remote access to Aspire Lab components and opportunity to travel onsite when required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deployment of LTE/5G radio access network in the Aspire Lab.
- Integration of all components with Core Network and UEs/UE Simulator.
- Validation of interoperability performance of fronthaul interface including aspects of radio conformance testing.
- Validation of E2E performance.
- Test specification design and documentation
- Investigation and resolution of issues working directly with OEMs.
To succeed, you will have an engaging and inquisitive personality and a natural technical proficiency for all things Telecom and IT related. You will know that you are the type of person we are looking for if you have:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline (Information Technology, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications etc)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in:
- LTE/5G Radio Access Network technologies.
- Linux and IP networking knowledge are required.
- Experience in RAN network integration projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of L1 protocols is a plus.
- Experience working with radio test equipment e.g., VSA/VSG is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with the ORAN Alliance WG4 specifications is a plus.
- Experience in deployment of Radio Access Network or Core Network functions within virtualised environments either VNFs or CNFs is a plus.
- Areas to be assessed:
- Understanding of using protocol analysers/probes
- Understanding node and network synchronisation
- Basic scripting knowledge enabling fast development of data post-processing scripts using scripting languages, i.e., Perl, python, Java.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Ability to work with a technical and service-oriented team of professionals
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands
At Aspire Technology you can expect:
- A competitive salary with performance related bonus
- Extensive technical and business training with the possibility to gain external industry standard certifications
- One-to-One mentoring and coaching sessions with our leading engineers
- Opportunity for career advancement through our structured career progression model
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Opportunity to work in newly emerging technologies
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible remote/office work environment
Working with Aspire Technology
At Aspire Technology we believe that to build a great company, you must have great people and great people are at the heart of our company. We work with smart, motivated, and innovative people who have a great attitude. You will love working on telecommunications technology, be passionate about delivering to our customers and really enjoy working with your Aspire colleagues.
We value people who are proactive at driving solutions and place customers and colleagues first. As part of the team, you can expect to:
- Work with globally respected Aspire engineers who are experts in their field to create and deliver innovative and pragmatic solutions for our customers
- Get the opportunity to work across leading and emerging telecoms technologies and domains
- Develop your technical leadership capabilities and provide technical expertise to your work colleagues and our customers
- Have ownership, responsibility, and accountability for your work
- Participate in international operator network deployments and maintenance/support projects
- Progress your career rapidly as you will receive first class training and mentoring
- Work in an environment where knowledge sharing is a fundamental part of the company culture and where engineers strive to help each other out at all time
- Gain an insight into all aspects of our organisation through our approachable management team
By applying to this position with Aspire, you consent to your data being stored and processed in line with our privacy notice for job applicants. You can read this notice in full at https://www.aspiretechnology.com/privacy-policy/.