Jackpot is on a mission to create the world’s leading digital entertainment experience and we’re starting by building the world’s most user-friendly digital lottery platform. We are looking to hire extraordinary candidates to be part of our operations team in Texas. It is an exciting time of growth where you will be a key team member and contributor to the business. Our exceptional team members are alumni of some of the best companies in the world: StubHub, Google, Uber, GoPuff, Twitter, and more. Come build with us!
About the Role:
Reporting to our VP of Product, we are looking for our first UX/UI designer who will be responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of our desktop and mobile experiences. This role requires deep customer empathy, the ability to experiment, and leverage/create design principles that drive delight in the customers journey through our product. This may be the perfect opportunity for you if … you’re looking to be a critical contributor to a business launch and want to apply your passion for adaptive and creative solutions to UX/UI challenges!
What You’ll Do:
- Be our user experience design expert by investigating UX design requirements for our suite of digital assets
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the brand.
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assets.
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages.
- Collaborating with the marketing team, and internal and external designers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user.
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior.
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design.
- staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
You Ideally Have:
- A Bachelor's and a minimum of 2 years UX/UI design experience
- Some experience or heavy understanding of design for digital products or services (web and mobile) and a portfolio that showcases it
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Figma, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite
- A team player but can work independently too.
- You are not bothered by competing tasks or priorities. You know how to structure your time and work while managing team member expectations to prioritize projects effectively
- You have grit, tenacity, and what people describe to be a “get it done” mentality. You don’t believe any task is too big or too small for you
- You fully own and are committed to your work. You don’t believe in cutting corners and it shows in the quality of your work
- You get excited about and get your energy from fast-paced environments
- You are not bothered by change or shifting priorities. You’ve been described as adaptable and solutions-oriented
One of Jackpot’s core values is Lifelong Learning. We don’t believe we are ever finished products and strongly believe in growing and developing to improve ourselves. If what you’ve read so far sounds exciting, but your experience doesn’t quite match what we’re looking for, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway! We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive team where everyone can feel proud to contribute to.
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to have a voice, say, and “leave your fingerprints” on our product and business
- A commitment to provide you with the benefits of a start-up career without the start-up pains
- Benefits on par with Big Tech companies
- Flexible working hours
- A culture of trust and accountability
Our Core Values:
- You don’t fear failure and you don’t fail the same way twice
- You have strong opinions but are also open minded to new ideas
- You are a relentless executor
- You persevere in the face of challenges and adapt to change
- You always follow through on your commitments – you live a 1:1 say/do ratio
- Lifelong Learning
- You are always seeking and implementing feedback
- You are not a finished product and are always searching for knowledge and a means to improve yourself
- You embrace and learn from constructive conflict