SimpledCard is a successful B2B fintech scaleup with over 750 medium to large customers and offices being home to our 50+ team members in Amsterdam, Munich, Budapest, and Belgrade. Our product teams proudly develop our product consisting of flexible and user-friendly payment cards, enabling real-time payments, justifications, and approvals for our customers making corporate expenses a hassle-free experience. SimpledCard values integrity, being down-to-earth, smart, and open-minded. We strive to be recognized by customers and the market for the simplicity and high quality of our service.
For this position, we are looking for a senior Engineering Manager to help us build, shape, empower and grow our product development teams for the next phase of the company.
What will you do as an Engineering Manager at SimpledCard?
Build motivated and empowered teams of talented engineers and help them grow and excel while delivering value to our customers and the business alike,
You will be a key counterpart to the Product Teams establishing a healthy, effective and thriving product delivery organization,
You ensure our development processes are aligned with applicable business & regulatory/legislative frameworks while ensuring we keep putting people, customers, and business first. Help others grow, create opportunities and support their journey within SimpledCard, including transforming teams that were required to meet the changing needs of the business and regulatory landscape. This may include building specialized or multidisciplinary teams, depending on the shape of the product and business,
You report directly to the CTO and will be responsible for managing the budgets, timelines, and hiring of your teams.
Who are you?
- Your experience, character, and behavior are a strong foundation to build respect with your teams, peers, and managers,
- You are passionate about people and building high-performing teams. You foster curiosity and you know how to bring out the best in people,
- You understand how to build quality into the foundations of products, teams, and processes,
- You have hands-on experience in a product development team as an engineer (development, test, operations, or other technical role), setting a basis for being a respectable counterpart in conversations with your teams,
- Your track record shows that you have empowered your teams to succeed in delivering high-quality products, taking into account budgeting, planning, and business dynamics,
- You have experience in building and retaining teams, whether in-office, remote or hybrid. We expect you to drive the strategy for the team and make sure we excel,
- You enjoy working data-informed, while using common sense; keeping an eye on output, while caring really about outcome,
- You have 7+ years of experience as a (senior)Engineering Manager and/or Delivery Manager with people management focus,
- As an Engineering Manager at SimpledCard, you work closely together with the teams and team leads, the Product Owners and the CTO.
- Fluent in English in professional discussions,
- Deep understanding of the dynamics of a modern technology scaleup and know how to deliver digital products,
- Deep understanding of agile and lean principles, with an understanding of their strong points and shortfalls,
What would make you stand out:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality products fitting the needs of business and users,
- Demonstrated experience in retaining, scaling and empowering teams,
- Understanding of product management for a tech scaleup,
- Experience with working pragmatically with various quality and security standards such as PCI-DSS, ISO 27001 and others.
What do we offer?
- A unique opportunity to join a growing FinTech scaleup: we already have a great product-market fit as evidenced by our continuously growing customer base, but we’re not done yet,
- Be a key player in working on a product customers love and recommend to each other,
- Supportive, open and cooperative company culture with good terms of employment.
- Be with us on team activities, both online and in person.
We care deeply about continuously improving our product, as is evidenced by our customers and are proud of what we do for our customers. Our customer-base and revenue is growing, and even did so during the pandemic. Now, we’re gearing up for even more growth.
Since we work in finance, we embrace the importance of rules, regulations and processes and at the same time we also understand that it’s the people that make them work.
Our engineers are talented problem solvers that care about the big picture. We respect each other, even when we disagree. While we know that working at SimpledCard is great, we sincerely value a good work-life balance.
Curious about our product? Have a look at https://www.simpledcard.com/en/#readmore
Some practical keywords:
- Slack, Google Meet, GitHub, Jira, Confluence
- Java/Spring Boot, Python, Angular, PostgreSQL, Ansible, AWS
- Company laptop, Mac, Ubuntu or Windows
Great – we are looking forward to your application.