Heads Talent Solutions has partnered with a leading global payment processor and ecommerce provider with 20 years of experience in providing expert support and online payment solutions.
The Software QA Engineer will be responsible for the testing of product lines and reporting defects. The applicant should have a technical background and be familiar with the typical software development lifecycle and object-oriented programming concepts. A qualified candidate will develop and execute test cases, report defects, and work closely with development to ensure production readiness for company software. QA Engineers are considered to be Technical experts knowledgeable of the application’s business logic and use technical skills to achieve high quality in the deliverables.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Perform multiple types of black-box, grey-box, and white box testing including functional, system, end to end, smoke, regression, and ad-hoc testing.
- Submit comprehensive defects using our bug tracking system.
- Regress and verify defects as needed.
- Ability to review a defect and triage it to the correct department/team member.
- Record results and provides metrics.
- Analyze requirements and write test cases.
- Design test plans from business requirements and specifications.
- Provide work estimates.
- Ability to escalate issues when need be.
- Participate in peer reviews.
- Perform some basic scripting.
- Mentor less experienced employees.
- BSCS or related degree or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum 3+ years’ overall Quality Assurance experience with an engineering focus.
- Practical working knowledge of software testing methodology and Quality Assurance fundamentals. (Both Waterfall & Agile development methodologies).
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing.
- Understanding of programming concepts and best practices.
- Experience using Linux/Unix/Windows OS.
- Advanced MySQL experience.
- Experience with testing web applications.
- Expert at troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stay focused on the task at hand, ensuring that timelines are met and operations are not adversely impacted.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.