Employee Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 25 days' paid holiday increasing each year
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Massages in the office
- Sweet Tuesdays
- Team sports activities
- Recruitment referral bonus
- Bring your dog to work
- Enhanced pay for new parents
Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband provider.
We offer broadband speeds 11x faster than the UK average, proudly setting a new fiber ‘gold standard' with hyperfast speed, reliability, and customer service.
Here in Belgrade, we support our UK colleagues in a shared mission: to gigabit Britain. Our office started up in Belgrade in 2013 with what was then 20 developers. Now it's grown into our largest office with more than 500 people.
Whatever we're doing, going beyond the expected is the benchmark.
We work smarter, together, being agile and responding with the speed our business and customers demand – without compromising on quality. We stay focused, performing at our best to ensure we are focused on hitting targets and goals together. And we strive for excellence, paying attention to detail, constantly seeking to stretch ourselves and find better ways of doing things.
And today we're looking for a Solution Design Analyst who shares these values. Does this sound like you?
Summary of key responsibilities/deliverables
An expert in the telco support systems domain who owns the OSS along with the technical ownership of the third-party software platforms utilized across the business and supplier relationship management. The role also identifies key technical requirements to help achieve the company objectives, evaluates and proposes possible solutions to the stakeholders, and solves configuration challenges.
What will you be doing?
- Solution ownership – Hyperoptic uses a 3rd party Operational Support System (OSS) from Whale Cloud. The jobholder will take on a role of an owner of this system and more importantly – a domain expert. As such you will design solutions as per business requirements, create wireframes, configure the modules, monitor the usage, proactively look into how we can make better use of the tools in place, identify new ways to improve and potential risks, and communicate them to the business with the proposed mitigation plans. Troubleshoot and solve configuration issues.
- Supplier relationship management – Manage the relationship with the supplier, and work with people on different levels across 3rd party organizations to deliver and help implement the requirements provided by the stakeholders. Take an active role in managing the release cycles and facilitating the integration of the OSS with other systems such as BSS and ERP.
- Facilitating the requirements – Analyze business requirements and be the facilitator between the supplier and business designers/business to help them better understand each other. Help manage the backlog and releases and pro-actively take part in the scoping sessions.
- Documenting and mentoring – The job holder will be responsible for documenting the requirements (to be reviewed by the stakeholders and passed on to the supplier and internal teams) on a technical level, configuration specs, change requests, and building a knowledge base holding valuable information on how the business uses these systems to help train and educate the users. Be a mentor to your peers.
What are we looking for?
- University degree in Computer Science or Telecommunications
- Proven experience in a similar position within an ISP or a Telco organization
- Experience in either OSS/BSS development, maintenance, business analysis or configuration support
- Having worked with external partners on delivering company-wide projects
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has worked with JIRA Software or Service Desk
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. In fact, this is at the heart of our culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
What happens next?
1. You apply
2. We carefully review your application
3. We'll get back to you — even if it's a no (for now)
And don't forget to keep an eye on our careers site as we're growing fast: https://careers.hyperoptic.com/
We look forward to hearing from you.