Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 13 countries and expertize in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
Magic Media is looking for an Unreal Engine Network Engineer who is self-motivated, goal-orientated, and a strong team player with in-depth knowledge about gameplay networking. The ideal candidate will have extensive full-time programming experience in games. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the digital content production process and who is willing to work with content creators and engineers of other disciplines to build awesome Unreal Engine gaming titles.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Discuss, design and integrate new networking components and replication architectures
- Optimization of network performance
- Create systems for both real-time gameplay and multiplayer events & progression
- Produce clean, well-documented code
- Conduct code reviews on code of other team members
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize on applicable console and PC
- Strong understanding of Unreal Netcode, replication and multiplayer elements
- Minimum 1 year experience with Unreal Engine
- 2+ years with C++, both within the confines of Unreal and in general
- 1+ handling game client-server communications
- Experience with Unreal networking protocol, including Online Subsystems, connections, sessions, and game state serialization
- TCP/UDP Network Layer
- Experience on Linux systems
- Experience using profiling tools
- Experience with networking and serialization fundamentals
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Worked on AAA game titles
- Experience launching at least one shipped title
- Experience with general development within Unreal Engine, like simple and complex AI, UI, cinematics, optimization, engine functionality, particle effects integration, sound integration, and general gameplay mechanics
- Solid technical foundation (e.g. Computer Science / Maths Degree or equivalent)
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!