Jatheon Technologies is a global leader in email, social and telephony archiving systems and solutions. With the deployment options of on-premise, virtual and cloud, Jatheon systems can be deployed in any size organization and satisfy any legal and compliance requirements for electronic records retention and production.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer that can help us to maintain deployed products, communicate with our customers and address any product related issues.
There are three distinct products in Jatheon that you must have some experience with:
- On-Premise Appliances built on the Supermicro platform running Linux with ZFS and supporting the Java, Elasticsearch and Postgres application that is capable of archiving and searching hundreds of millions of emails.
- On-Premise Virtual Appliances that are based on the appliance technology and can be deployed on VMware and other virtualization solutions.
- Cloud Solution running on AWS using modern microservices infrastructure, with Java and Elasticsearch serving as the backbone running on Kubernetes; capable of archiving and searching an ungodly amount of data.
These solutions are monitored and maintained by a Technical Support team of 5 agents. They closely cooperate with our System Engineers, Developers, SRE and Application engineers along with Customer Success, Sales and Marketing teams in order to provide the best possible user experience with deployment, functionality and daily usage of our product line.
You will be in direct contact with our customers, within our Service License Agreement response times and deadlines. Your role is to act as a product ambassador, understanding the urgency in requests set by customers.
- Respond to customer requests via
- Email (Zendesk Support ticketing system)
- Live Chat
- Attend daily OPS calls with the Support Team for updates and to determine any roadblocks. Devise a plan to address roadblocks and help the team deliver on their commitments to resolve ongoing tickets.
- Create, track and communicate escalations to Sys Dev, App Dev, SRE teams.
- Review Slack channels and respond to various channels and threads you were tagged in. Answer questions, provide guidance and make decisions to move the projects forward. Who doesn’t love a good notification?
- Track assigned tickets on various infrastructure monitoring and alerting systems to assure smooth operation of the product line
- Update customers on relevant progress information regarding their cases
- Help customers onboard, resolve issues or provide them the help they need with available features
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Cooperate with the Development team to resolve more advanced issues
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Continuously learn about product updates and new technologies
- Advocate for customers in engineering roadmap planning
- Maintenan external knowledge base portal
- Review ongoing ticket backlog and escalations and push (own) resolution process by communicating timelines with Head of Support, other Jatheon teams and customers
- Provide feedback and status updates to Head of Support for ongoing migrations, deployments and roadblocks.
- Track personal Objectives and Key Results
- Attends at least one 24h on-call rotation to tackle priority 1 alerts (if they occur)
- Hit the deadlines you set on the projects
- Communicate delays, if any, and figure out how to get back on track and hit the milestones that your team estimated
- Attends Team Updates every first Monday of the month
- Once in two months attends at least one weekend “on-call” rotation to tackle priority 1 alerts (if they occur)
- English language. Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Basic knowledge of Linux CLI (Debian and shell scripting knowledge is a plus)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Exchange Online
- Basic knowledge of AWS services (AWS Certified Solution Architect is a plus)
- Previous experience in customer support of minimum 2 years, IT preferred
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills
- Excellent problem solving skills using out of the box thinking
Jatheon is a fully remote organization and a registered Serbian company. We offer fully paid private health benefits for you and your family, a competitive salary based on experience, regular training, certifications (including AWS) and courses, unforgettable gatherings, possibility to choose your hardware, challenging problems to solve and much more.
Based on your desire and willingness to grow and learn this position offers growth potential into Sysdev, development and SRE roles. But we also expect and require commitment and dedication. Jatheon does things differently in many respects, all for the better (we think). We are a team of great and brilliant people, so we expect team players who will help us fight a good fight. Ready?
This is a full-time position from 3pm – 11pm CET and periodic, 24 hours paid, passive on call duties.
If you think we'd be a good fit, please send us a cover letter and resume in English.