We are looking for a front end developer to join the Open Source Program Office to contribute to a variety of projects. If you want to make contributions to the FOSS community that can have an impact on developers world-wide, share your knowledge, and learn from others in a fast paced environment, let’s talk!
The ideal candidate should be passionate, creative, flexible, have a strong work ethic, and enjoy tackling complex technical problems. The team is fully remote and globally distributed, with a central office in London. Occasional travel is optional, but not required.
- Implement features using React, Vue, Angular or other frameworks
- Employ your TDD skills to deliver robust solutions
- Take ownership of complex UI problems
- Take ownership of features to develop an initial idea into a working software component
- Able to learn to set up and maintain a full stack development environment using a variety of frameworks
- Play a role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
- Exercise your passion for translating UX best practices into functional software
- OSS projects you might work on include, but are not limited to, DataHub, Armada, Ozone, and more as needs arise
- Motivated and willing to learn about a new business domains and be willing to explore new technologies and trends
- Experience delivering enterprise software strongly preferred
- Should have knowledge regarding website design and usability
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical peers
Since this work is for our open source program, all of our contributions are by definition public and open source. You get to contribute to a meaningful technology that many other companies use all while improving your own public profile.
Our open source team is a fully remote and distributed team. This allows our team the freedom to get their work done where-ever they need to be. This was true and will still be true after normal travel resumes in the world.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A flat team structure and a highly collaborative culture that values progress over perfection and encourages creativity, innovation and diversity
- A highly motivated global team of colleagues
- A flexible working style
- Competitive compensation
WHO WE ARE?
Bakson Ltd is a software development company based in Belgrade. We are working with teams around the world and take pride on variety of projects we handle and technology we use.
HOW DO WE WORK?
Our workflow is inspired by Agile and Lean principles. We’re not devoted to Scrum or any other framework, but are trying to work in small batches, with fast feedback and very close interaction with product owners.
The emphasis in our team is on collaboration and mutual support – sharing project workflow with globally distributed teams, contributing code to core global services and applications, and encouraging cultural exchange between development groups. Bakson encourages working from home, and the distributed nature of our teams requires us to have flexibility around working hours. We’re familiar with asynchronous and remote work. A Software Engineer in our company is a core writer of code, but also an inspirer and an exemplar to other developers…
Basically, what we care about is that you are a self-starter, happy to work with others, and prepared to adapt and do your best.