Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
You would be a part of the team developing a real-time system for processing of foreign exchange products, including support for a customer dealing portal, interfacing to third party platforms/systems, trade capture, position/risk management, confirmation/settlement, and accounting. The system has web-based user interface and a rich technology stack.
What you will be doing
- Document low-level designs based on high-level design documents.
- Participate in low-level design reviews.
- Participate in code reviews of own and other’s work.
- Resolve programming problems / answer questions.
- Maintain current knowledge of software development practices.
- Practice good coding techniques (reusability of code, code optimized for performance, etc.)
- Developing new functionality as well as maintaining the existing architecture.
- Requirements gathering.
- Working with QA engineers and business analysts.
- Production support
What you bring
- 3+ years of experience in Java SE / J2EE.
- Experience in client / server development.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture and design.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented fundamentals and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL.
- Good English language skills.
- Knowledge of capital markets, financial software and trading-related processes.
- Experience with Scrum or other agile software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of C/C++
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset