We are looking for dedicated and passionate future developers to contribute to our team’s growth and be part of international projects. If you want to grow your technical skills, be part of an enthusiastic team, experience real-world challenges, work with various technologies, learn how to write perfect code, and more, then we are a perfect match.
What are you getting from us?
To understand what you are applying for, let us give you some insight into our internship program and tell you what it looked like for the previous generations of interns. This program is 3 months long, 8 hours a day, and it includes several chapters: Java, JavaEE, Git, basic front-end technologies, and practice projects.
It is held in smaller groups where mentors can spend enough time with every intern. What would that mean for you? Being a part of our team means that you will get a personalized list of recommended courses for learning back-end development (most of them from Udemy platform). Our senior colleagues and class managers are actively engaged in this program daily, not leaving interns to struggle without proper guidance. This includes daily consultations, scrum meetings, code reviews and many more activities that are carefully designed for you. This internship involves multiple presentations and lectures that are held by our teams from Serbia and USA.
The main purpose would be to prepare and enable you to work on real projects while providing you the right tools and teaching you skills that are important for the future work environment. We strongly believe that being a skilled professional and valuable part of the team requires a whole package and that is why we encourage working on technical skills as well as in other aspects of the job. That is why we are providing an environment where you can gain valuable experience in communication, cooperation, and continuous development within agile-sized teams.
We encourage you to apply and join our team and see all of this for yourself!
Your key responsibilities
- Take part in our internship program where you will be part of a team and face day-to-day challenges in real project simulation with experienced team leaders
- Design, develop and maintain responsive web applications providing awesome user experiences in desktop and mobile devices
- Hands-on development. Write the highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability and performance
- Collaborate with our Product Managers, Designers, QE/QA, and other teams and business units to define, prioritize, sequence, and scope business and functional requirements
- Be creative and have a great learning desire
To qualify for the role, you should have
- Experience in Java programming language
- Good understanding of the OOP principles and concepts
- Familiarity with some of the Java design patterns
- Good understanding of Relational Database concepts and SQL
- Basic experience with GIT
- Understanding of Java EE
- Hands-on experience on at least one IDE (Eclipse, IntelliJ, or NetBeans)
Ideally, you will also have:
- University degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering, Information systems (or equivalent)
- Good understanding of how HTTP works
- Hands-on experience with Java EE
- Example Java (Web) project/projects with implementing technologies mentioned above. This could be any project where you can present your Java skills, implementations, and creativity. Projects can be shared on GitHub, Google drive, Bitbucket, or any other way you find convenient
What do we offer?
- 3 month paid internship with the possibility of permanent employment
As a global leader in consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. We help entrepreneurs, companies, and entire countries to solve their most pressing challenges.
At EY, the Digital & Emerging Technology team plays a critical role for our clients. Our expertise in Digital Transformation solutions and Systems Integration enables us to unlock the value of client data and deliver it to new digital platforms. With an experienced team of top technology innovators, we create comprehensive digital solutions for customers that leverage front-end, back-end, integration, and cloud capabilities.
We are experiencing rapid growth in our Belgrade office, and we have more than 80 experienced IT professionals that complement our broader business consulting team. Together, we enable business transformation by combining emerging technologies with people who thrive in an ever-changing world.