Our partner Everstox is a venture capital-backed Munich based startup digitizing the logistics industry (a €250bn+ market in Europe). They are developing Europe’s first API-driven network of warehousing and fulfilment service partners to enable flexible and data-driven fulfilment. Their goal is to make sure that customers receive their orders the next day, with lower transport costs and emissions. As a young and driven team with a first-class entrepreneurial and tech background, their focus is on solving complex operational problems with customer-centric development in a highly dynamic environment.
Having freshly raised a Funding Round from Top Tier VC firms, Everstox is expending a team in Belgrade to help them make first-class distribution accessible for eCommerce, B2B, and Retail companies of any size.
Together with our partner we are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join the engineering team in Belgrade. You would be embedded in a scrum team working closely with product & tech to deliver a rock-solid application. Everstox employs over 30 engineers in total in teams located in Munich, Zagreb, Sarajevo and Belgrade. Currently Belgrade team consists of 12 engineers focused on Python Backend development and QA, with a plan to grow significantly during this year on all locations.
- Developing, testing and maintaining the backend applications of our product as a member of a cross-functional engineering team, including hands-on work and project ownership
- Taking ownership of projects and features of any size and complexity with the aim of providing customer value
- Working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that projects meet business needs and technical requirements
- Mentoring team members and ensuring delivery of high quality products through collaboration and code reviews
- Working closely with the engineering and product leadership to develop processes which impact development
- 10 or more years of software engineering work experience
- Experience in leading feature and product development
- Hands-on coding experience in building microservices and data pipelines, ideally in Python
- Experience in development and maintenance of large scale cloud based infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Ability to consider business requirements and clearly communicate technical requirements and limitations to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to take ownership and drive development of long lasting projects from start to finish
- Being passionate about providing customer value
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- We value work-life balance and have flexible working hours. We don't track time, we trust our people
- We offer you a chance to visit conferences and trainings, as we are dedicated to provide all our team members with the opportunity to enhance further their knowledge
- Lots of team activities and perks: "beer evenings", yearly retreats, workshops, hackathons
- Work with an international team of talented engineers
- Modern, sunny and open working place with positive and fun atmosphere
- A stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally
- Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know and after the successful probation period come and collect a well-deserved referral fee!