Our partner Everstox is a venture capital-backed Munich based startup digitizing the logistics industry (a €250bn+ market in Europe). They are developing Europe’s first API-driven network of warehousing and fulfilment service partners to enable flexible and data-driven fulfilment. Their goal is to make sure that customers receive their orders the next day, with lower transport costs and emissions. As a young and driven team with a first-class entrepreneurial and tech background, their focus is on solving complex operational problems with customer-centric development in a highly dynamic environment.
Having freshly raised a Funding Round from Top Tier VC firms, Everstox is expending a team in Belgrade to help them make first-class distribution accessible for eCommerce, B2B, and Retail companies of any size.
Together with our partner we are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join the engineering team in Belgrade. You would be embedded in a scrum team working closely with product & tech to deliver a rock-solid application. Everstox employs over 30 engineers in total in teams located in Munich, Zagreb, Sarajevo and Belgrade. Currently Belgrade team consists of 8 engineers focused on Python Backend development and QA, with a plan to grow significantly during this year on all locations.
- You are a member of a cross-functional engineering team that takes responsibility for developing, testing and maintaining the backend services of the platform
- You take ownership of feature development with understanding of the business context and technological capabilities of the platform
- You research and make proposals on how to shape the platform architecture and implement new technological solutions
- You mentor more junior team members and ensure delivery of high quality code through reviews
- You help handle emergencies and make the right decisions to avoid similar emergencies in the future
- You help manage the cloud based infrastructure including AWS and CI/CD
- You have 5y+ technical experience in backend development
- You have hands-on coding experience in building Python microservices and data pipelines
- You have hands on experience with multiple data storage technologies
- You are familiar with development using cloud based infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- You have experience in writing backend unit/integration/end2end tests
- You have good written and verbal communication skills in English
- We offer you a chance to visit conferences and trainings, as we are dedicated to provide all our team members with the opportunity to enhance further their knowledge
- Lots of team activities and perks: "beer evenings", yearly retreats, workshops, hackathons
- Work with an international team of talented engineers
- Modern, sunny and open working place with positive and fun atmosphere
- A stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally
- Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know and after the successful probation period come and collect a well-deserved referral fee!