NET CHECK, dedicated to providing high-quality engineering services to the Telecommunications industry for more than 20 years, continuously expands its global presence and has recently established a local office in Serbia. We are currently moving from an existing on-premise PostgreSQL infrastructure to a scalable Kubernetes solution on AWS. We’re looking for Data Engineers to join our team in Belgrade to support this process and establish/improve pipelines from basic ETL to product creation.
As Data Engineer, you will:
- Have responsibility for developing, setting up, improving, and maintaining big data projects,
- Support ongoing projects,
- Work internally as part of our Engineering team and take an integral role in the development,
- Be responsible for the architecture of data storage, operation, and maintenance of data warehouse, and creation of strategies for backup of the data,
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets,
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using state of the art tools and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information technology another quantitative field is required,
- Experience with a Data Engineer role,
- Good knowledge/experience in transforming existing SQL scripts to scalable Spark jobs/services,
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases,
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets,
- Strong analytic skills,
- Familiar with some of the leading public cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, Google),
- Ability to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment,
- Fluent English in spoken and writing, additional language is an advantage (German).
- Hands-On experience in a real big data environment,
- Working in a pleasant and dynamic environment and motivated teams,
- Responsible tasks with creative design framework,
- Flat hierarchies with short decision paths,
- Competitive compensation and benefits,
- Possibility to work remotely,
- Private health insurance,
- 25 days of vacation,
- FitPass membership.