The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by the armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC’s mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
Digital Asset Coordinator ensures the smooth and timely flow of all video, photo, audio and other digital asset related to public communication, internally, between ICRC colleagues, and externally, with public stakeholders (e.g. media, production companies and National societies). S/he provides guidance and support to staff at all levels of the organization on digital asset management, as well as identifies trends regarding effective digital asset management and recommends solutions to be applied in-house according to best practice.
The ICRC Belgrade Shared Services Centre (BSSC) provides support services to the ICRC’s worldwide operations and is currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position: Digital Asset Coordinator
- Is the focal point in the Cross Media Unit for all video and photo digital asset management queries from internal, and external public stakeholders (e.g. media, production companies and National societies)
- Serves as a key subject expert for ICRC’s Media Asset Manager (MAM), advocating for and creating internal awareness about the MAM, including its overall purpose and benefits
- Works alongside regional focal points to provide communications, training, and ongoing releases related to the MAM, including capabilities and feature updates to system users
- Owns the ongoing ingestion, organization, and maintenance of digital assets (photos, videos, pdfs etc.), ensuring duplicate, non-compliant, and obsolete assets are removed through regular audits
- Oversees adherence to established taxonomy, metadata tagging, folder structure, and governance procedures
- Uses a variety of analytical tools to monitor and understand how colleagues are using the different content sharing and management tools
- Produces reports about how digital assets are being used by colleagues and reports trends and outcomes to colleagues in ICT, and suggests and implements solutions to improve the management of digital assets for communication across the organisation
- Creates best practice and manages the Audio-visual Production workflow
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Information Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent required, along with typically 3-5 years’ overall professional experience and minimum 2 years of experience managing an enterprise content management or digital asset management system (e.g. OpenText, Canto, CatDv, Axel etc.) for a large client or company and / or audio-visual archiving
- Must understand DAM / MAM / CMS platforms, metadata, taxonomy and SEO
- Proficient with Mac and PC operating systems
- Expertise in video and photo editing and compression and publishing for broadcast and social media platforms highly desirable
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to communicate about technical matters in both 1-1 conversations and larger audiences in training settings
- Creative and open-minded with a customer-centric approach to problem solving
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Fluent in English
WHAT WE OFFER
- Progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and Motivation Letter in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.