Junior Test Development Engineer (m/f)
Location: Novi Sad
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic, and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
Our User Experience (UX) business area makes that drivers and passengers are optimally informed and can control functions in a user-friendly way. Developing solutions from instrument clusters, head-up displays and displays solutions, through to control panels, central input devices, and morphing controls, UX makes the processing and management of information easy, intuitive and reliable.
System test activities in the automotive industry represent a key component in the product lifecycle due to the importance of having products that are safe and secure. Each individual dealing with this role has a contribution to the millions of lives saved every year by the intelligent systems that are present in the vehicles surrounding us.
As a Junior Test Development Engineer, you will support the development of tests to check and report the functionalities of our Automotive Human-Machine Interface Devices using the specialized tools and processes of our tribe: Test Applications, Car Network Simulations, Integrated Test Systems, even actual Test-cars.
If you are smart, eager to learn, attentive to details, and willing to work in a team with individuals that share the same values and capabilities, we would be more than happy to have you onboard.
In your day to day job you will:
- Mentoring from an experienced colleague to support you on the tasks below
- Customer Requirements analysis
- Creation of test specification
- Test Automation by using automotive industry-specific tools (internal and external)
- Execution of tests and generation of test reports according to the defined test process
- Issue/Bug reporting and tracking by using specific tools
- Collaborate with the Technical Project Leader, Product Test Manager, Software Development, EE Development and Quality Engineer in verifying and interpreting the test results
- Building test setups and test environments tailored for each specific product
- Improving test processes
- University Degree with a technical background (i.e. Electronics, Computer science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Informatics, etc.)
- Electronics knowledge (e.g. knowledge of the functionality of digital and analogue components, reading schematics)
- Basic knowledge in using Scripting/Programing Language(s)
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Analytical capabilities
- Knowledge in using Windows Office (MS Word, MS Excel and VBA)
- Fluent in English
Would be a plus
- Knowledge of the tools: Vector CANoe, NI LabView, NI TestStand
- Knowledge of test design methods and processes (preferably with ISTQB certification)
- Experience in handling electrical measurement and automotive equipment (Oscilloscopes, Frequency Generators, programmable Power supply)
- Experience in automotive industry
- Experience in software development process (from University projects to work experience)
- German language is an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic team in a globally active organization
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and mobile work (4 days per month)
- Private health Insurance
- Fitpass premium
If you are interested in this job position, you can send us your resume and letter of application in English language via poslovi.infostud.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.