At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do…
Payments and Platform test automation engineers will build, enhance test automation infrastructure for the GoDaddy Payments platform cloud services, aid in the qualification of releases, and can automate manual tests that cover areas which form the backbone of the GoDaddy Payments technology stack. This role also provides the opportunity to build internal and operational tools.
We follow Agile and CI/CD development practices and would like someone who is self-motivated, passionate about making an impact, and can execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop appropriate automation test strategies and create automated test scripts, in coordination with the functional test strategy, including identifying data requirements and generating required test data subsequently
- Design and Scale frameworks to support multiple teams and influence the engineering in writing Integration, API, and end-to-end regression tests.
- Execute automated functional, regression, and system tests for the core application and report test results and quality status accordingly. Update test cases as needed
- Work collaboratively with a distributed and tight-knit team
- Solve interesting Engineering problems and contribute to internal tool development
- Get hands-on with application run time data analytics using ElasticSearch to create Kibana dashboards of quality and system health data for various teams
- Use data and analytics to improve our products and customer experience and analyze metrics from test, deployment, and performance data to continuously improve the quality and speed of our build pipelines
- Participate in Agile practices such as daily stand-up meetings, design and code reviews, pairing, automated testing, and CI/CD
- Work across Engineering, UX and Product Management teams to understand big picture ideas and identify solutions to make those ideas come to life.
- Create reliable, high-performance automated tests that can run thousands of times per day
Your experience should include…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Development or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Test framework design and automation experience
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes
- Experience developing high quality test strategies and test automation
- Skill set: Java or Python/Shell Scripting/Basic SQL
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, team spirit, and positive attitude
- Willingness to work in a dynamic Agile environment and participate in all aspects of our Agile process
We've got your back…
- Competitive salary and annual bonus based of performance
- Full-time employment in accordance with the labor law
- Work remotely or from the office – whichever you prefer
- Learning and development budget for every employee
- Clearly defined career path and mentorship
- Flexible working schedule and time off
- Private health-care
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
JOB ID: R016934