Who we are at Embroker
Embroker makes commercial insurance simple.
Since 2015, our team has worked to bring the insurance industry into the 21st century and beyond. Backed with $150M in funding, Embroker is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies. Our digital-first experience combines the best policies with the right rates that fit customer needs.
Nothing is possible without our team. As part of the Embroker Pack, you will have a direct and enormous impact on daily operations, team interactions, and culture. You’ll build cool things, meet great people, and grow with us. All from the comfort of your couch.
We are helping businesses plan for tomorrow, so they can change the world today. Are you in?
What you will own in this role
- We know from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply regardless of your self-assessment because we want to hear from you.
- Devise test plans and test cases that are automated for regression execution.
- Increase and maintain automated test coverage.
- Create, modify, and execute functional tests
- Perform story verification in an Agile development environment
- Discover bugs and detail their reproduction
- Be the vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Execute smoke, functional, integration, exploratory, and regression black-box and gray-box testing
- Knowledge of software engineering & quality assurance methods and principles
- Experience performing smoke, functional, integration, exploratory, and regression testing
- Experience with design and implementation of automated tests
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Team player, strong communication & interpersonal skills
- You can see more about our tech stack on: https://stackshare.io/embroker/embroker
What experience we think is the right fit
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Scrum
- Experience with Protractor and Jasmine tools
- Solid understanding of CSS, HTML and SQL
- Strong programming fundamentals and analytical skills with testing web applications
- Knowledge and experience with an object-oriented programming language (GO, Java, C++, …)
- Experience with JIRA
Our Pack at Embroker lives our values
- Pack First
- We succeed and fail as one team. We optimize for what is best for our entire organization. We always assume positive intent.
- Create Magic
- We strive to amaze and delight at every touchpoint. We make our work fun through teamwork, play and positive energy.
- Be All-In
- We are 100% committed. We move fast and are proud of what we build. We attack challenges with relentless positivity.
We believe that systemic structures and practices disproportionately disadvantage the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be represented and included in the work we do, to make our Pack stronger, more creative, and improve the way we do business. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.