Our partner is a Swiss financial platform that offers consumers information and the opportunity to compare insurance, investment, and banking products, products for old-age provision, building finance, instalment loans, and electricity and gas tariffs free of charge.
They have already helped thousands of customers save with their convenient comparison calculators. They answer questions such as "Which insurance do I need and where can I find the right offers? How do I get a cheap loan quickly and easily? How can I secure myself and my family well and provide for our old age? Our customers can find answers to these and many other questions".
Together with our partner, we are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to work in a to work in a fast-growing startup with the resources of a consolidated company and state of the art microservices platform built with .NET Core, MSSQL Server, Kubernetes, Docker, RabbitMQ and other modern technologies. With an agile and DevOps mindset, they foster a culture of collaboration and personal growth with weekly pair and mob programming sessions and regular technical discussions to improve the platform and teams.
- Shape the architecture and software design of your systems to enable rapid development of new features and improvements
- Ship high quality code that is tested, easy to read and easy to adapt
- Have full ownership of the whole development cycle, including running services in production
- Collaborate with product managers and other engineers on new solutions that solve our customers problems
- Manage technical debt of your systems repaying it at intervals and ensuring does not grow over certain levels
- Constantly learn and improve your skills participating in workshops, pair/mob programming sessions, trainings and conferences
- Mentor and coach more junior developers to produce higher quality solutions
- Be part of cross-functional team that follows agile development using SCRUM and XP practices (Clean code, TDD, Pair programming, Refactoring, Simple design)
- Work with a highly motivated team that enjoys having fun and spending quality time together
- You have 5+ years of experience with backend development. Experience with .NET Core will be considered an asset
- Good knowledge of relational databases such as MSSQL Server
- You possess strong software development skills (OOP/OOD, test automation, architecture, clean code)
- You have experience working in SCRUM and XP practices
- You are familiar with application monitoring tools such as DataDog
- You are familiar with message brokers such as RabbitMQ
- You are passionate about software craftsmanship and know that the only way to go fast is to go well
- You love learning and developing yourself
- You care about your applications and services and you build them as if you were going to use them
- We value work-life balance and have flexible working hours.
- We offer you a chance to visit conferences and training, as we are dedicated to giving all our team members the opportunity to further enhance their knowledge.
- Lots of team activities and perks: yearly retreats, workshops, hackathons.
- Work with an international team of world-class engineers.
- A modern, sunny and open working place with a positive and fun atmosphere.
- A stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally.
- Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know and after the successful probation period come and collect a well-deserved referral fee!