What you’ll do
We are looking for curious and bright software developers to join our distributed development team. The experience (and future opportunities) includes designing and developing software for both embedded and online navigation systems, working on APIs of our online services and mobile SDKs and providing the best possible user experience to drivers and best-in-class APIs of our Navigation SDK.
What you’ll need
- Professional C++ experience;
- Technical, algorithmic and analytical skills with a high level of empathy and a genuine interest in humans;
- Knowledge of software architecture, object-oriented design and best software practices;
- Passion for continuous improvement and experimentation;
- Desire to learn, and expand your skill set;
- You enjoy achieving things together as a team;
- Comfortable speaking and writing in English as the primary language at work.
What’s nice to have
- Familiarity with mobile native languages: Kotlin, Swift.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Fully remote or hybrid position in many countries of TomTom presence.
- Relocation Support for those who wish to relocate.
- Home office benefits, with a setup budget and a monthly allowance to support.
- Chance to work abroad for 90-calendar days in select countries and states!
- Holiday package that includes your birthday off and a volunteering day per year.
- Bring your ideas and innovation to life during our Hackathon, DevDays, and more!
- Take on learning opportunities – internal programs, O’Reilly and LinkedIn learning.
- The opportunity to join one of the few top tech location specialists and have an impact on the future of mobility.
- Be part of a supportive, inclusive, and global culture.
Meet your team
We are Product Unit Directions. We develop software for in-car, mobile and cloud-based navigation applications, solving mobility challenges at scale and making the flow of people and goods on the road safer, easier, and cleaner.
To achieve this and help tens of millions of people around the world, we provide useful information in the form of visual and audio cues to guide the driver along the route and decrease anxiety about being lost. We strive to give our customers a pleasant and safe driving experience, and provide tailored and optimized routes through APIs and SDKs.
You’ll help people find their way in the world. In 2004, TomTom revolutionized how the world moves with the introduction of the first portable navigation device. Now, we intend to do it again by engineering the first-ever real-time map, the smartest and most useful map on the planet.
Work with a team of 4,000+ unique, curious and passionate problem-solvers. Together, we’ll open up a world of possibilities for car manufacturers, enterprises and developers to help people understand and get closer to the world around them.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout your journey with us, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews all the way through onboarding. To find out more about our application process, check out our hiring FAQs.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom is where you can find your place in the world. Every day we welcome, nurture and celebrate differences. Why? Because your uniqueness is what makes you, you. No matter your culture or background, you’ll find your impact at TomTom. Research also shows that sometimes women and underrepresented communities can be hesitant to apply for positions unless they believe they meet 100% of the criteria. If you can relate to this, please know that we’d love to hear from you.