The world's leading retailers trust and rely on Everseen's Visual AI™ solutions to improve their bottom line by minimizing shrink, streamlining operations via hyper automation, and delivering a better customer experience.
Everseen’s Visual AI™ is a comprehensive process aware platform that delivers Checkout Intelligence, Shelf Intelligence, Supply Chain Intelligence, Car Lot Intelligence, Production Line Intelligence, and Generic Process Automation Applications, transforming how businesses see and solve their most costly problems. The company’s ground-breaking AI technology processes over 200 years of video footage every day and protects ~$500B worth of assets.
Everseen has earned multiple industry accolades, including 5 consecutive years as Gartner’s Top Pick for Retail Technology Innovation, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 winner, and Google & Deloitte’s new Tech award winner. Everseen is headquartered in Ireland, with its US Head office in Miami as well as R&D Centres in Timisoara, Romania; Belgrade, Serbia; Barcelona, Spain and India. For more information visit www.everseen.com.
Everseen is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to author, edit, and review product documentation, in particular Release Notes for our flagship product Evercheck, new products, and User Documentation. In this role, you’ll work with internal resources, interview software developers and researchers, and attend research de development meetings to gather, write, and publish technical information for our varied audiences. You’ll produce a variety of topquality learning materials such as technical documentation, infographics, screenshot markups, and will work with marketing, HR, and others in the creation of training videos.
As a successful Senior Technical Writer at Everseen, you’re motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and evolving startup company. You have strong writing skills, the ability to synthesize technical content from research and development specifications and create training materials that clearly explain the topic/task to end users based on their persona. We like to move quickly and win together, so a self-starter who thrives under pressure and enjoys team successes.
- Maintain our internal documentation ticketing system on Jira, solving issues presented by customers and internal consumers.
- Create in-depth release notes, user guides, FAQs, technical overviews, and in-product help documentation, as defined.
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency.
- Adapt rapidly to a changing industry and a variety of customers, and be able to adjust responsibilities, time, and objectives accordingly.
- Identify problem areas or structural deficiencies and proactively contribute to theirimprovement.
- Regular use of a content management system (CMS) to manage the lifecycle of technical documentation including draft, review, and publish phases.
- Become a subject matter expert of the Evercheck platform and how the different tools are used to perform various tasks.
- Regular communication and synchronization with the Global Product Owner and other company leadership.
Successful candidature requirements
- Native English written and spoken. For a non-native speaker, C1 level or above for both written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in English, Communication, or Journalism.
- 2-5 years of experience working as a Technical Writer or in related job role.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex content.
- Strong technical aptitude–ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly for multiple audiences using either formal or more casual tones.
- Excellent work ethic and strong intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and multi-task.
- Desire and ability to innovate and improve upon current processes.
- Experience creating infographics to more clearly communicate workflow processes and abstract topics.
- Track record of effective collaboration.
Bonus skills – these are not required, but are a plus:
- Experience working in a technical startup company, preferably a SaaS company.
- Experience working in Computer Vision or Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience working with highly distributed, multi-cultural research and development teams.
- Experience writing content for software applications using a CMS.
- Experience working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) both in-person and remotely.
- Experience in prioritizing and understanding the lifecycle of documentation from prerelease through on-going maintenance.
- Experience creating infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc.