What you'll do
- Grow under the guidance of your mentor;
- Understand product requirements and participate in project development within the scrum teams;
- Implement product features for our backend services using modern C++/Java/Kotlin;
- Learn how to design unit and integration tests for the implemented features;
- Collaborate with other team members;
- ·Participate in complex algorithm development
What you'll need
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. However, if you’re talented, degrees aren’t everything;
- Strong software engineering skills;
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented design;
- Good command of the modern C++ or Java or Kotlin;
- Ability to show understanding of algorithms, data structures and other systems architecture factors that affect code quality, performance, and customer experience
- Problem-solving mindset along with the ability to combine technical and analytical skills;
- Advanced level of English language
What we offer
- Paid Internship with flexible working hours;
- Challenging role in an open, innovative, and international culture;
- Possibility to experience and take part in a real life projects and deliver genuine business value;
- Company culture that loves to work hard and play hard; in short, we like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job every day if you don’t like the people you’re working with.
- There is always room for innovative ideas.
First action we need from you
If you are interested in this opportunity please click on the Codility link bellow, solve our task and if your score is above 80% our recruitment team will reach out to you for the next steps:
TomTom SE Internship Codility
Meet your team
We're the Navigation SDK team. We work on complex code to develop TomTom's Navigation Software Development Kit, integrating technologies provided by other Product Units and enabling our customers to easily build competitive navigation applications. Your code will also be at the heart of TomTom's navigation products like AmiGO, helping millions of people find their way in the world.
You’ll help people find their way in the world. In 2004, TomTom revolutionized how the world moves with the introduction of the first portable navigation device. Now, we intend to do it again by engineering the first-ever real-time map, the smartest and most useful map on the planet.
Work with a team of 4,000+ unique, curious and passionate problem-solvers. Together, we’ll open up a world of possibilities for car manufacturers, enterprises and developers to help people understand and get closer to the world around them.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout your journey with us, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews all the way through onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom is where you can find your place in the world. Every day we welcome, nurture and celebrate differences. Why? Because your uniqueness is what makes you, you. No matter your culture or background, you’ll find your impact at TomTom. Research also shows that sometimes women and underrepresented communities can be hesitant to apply for positions unless they believe they meet 100% of the criteria. If you can relate to this, please know that we’d love to hear from you.