We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our С++ Developer role for those who want to turn ideas into reality using code, algorithms, and maybe a bit of magic.
Tasks in the role
- Participation in the development of a big-data distributed system.
- Resolve performance issues (memory, disk, and network).
- Resolve scalability issues.
Who we are looking for
- 3+ years of commercial development experience.
- Strong knowledge of C++. Owning and participating to open-source projects would be a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Shell.
- Experience in network programming.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Advanced knowledge of English and Russian.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You have experience Big Data and/or Highload projects.
- Experience working with databases.
- Experience working with ClickHouse.
- Good knowledge of Python.
We are using
- Debian on servers.
- Our service is written in C++, Python, and Go.
A bit about the team
The Backlinks Analytics Team is developing a system for collecting and storing links between pages on the web. The work is mainly focused around the following tasks:
- Downloading and parsing hundreds of thousands of web pages per second.
- Maintaining restrictions on the number of simultaneous requests to the IP address and host.
- Storing tens of trillions of indexed links.
- Improving data quality by quickly downloading new pages, de-duplicating pages with the same content, skipping link farms, etc.
- Filtering raw data and building various sorts and aggregations on it to provide users with analytical reports.
- Ranking web pages and domains against each other.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Flexible working day start.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Internet coverage (up to 30 eur/month).
- Annual leave as per the employment legislation of the country of stay (employment).
- Training, courses, conferences.
- English courses.
- Gifts for employees.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing. We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.