About the Company
Focused on the future of filmmaking, Wonder Dynamics is an LA-based start up founded by Actor/Producer, Tye Sheridan who’s starred in films like Ready Player One, X-Men: Apocalypse, Mud and VFX Supervisor/Filmmaker Nikola Todorovic. Their mission is to revolutionize the production and post-production process by leveraging state-of-the-art AI. They are striving to democratize the use of visual effects which will pave the way for the next generation of filmmakers. That mission attracted some of the most influential individuals in the film and tech industry that are now involved in their team.
Wonder Dynamics is backed by Epic Games, Samsung, Horizons Ventures (a Hong Kong VC firm with early investments in Skype, Siri, Facebook and more) and Founders Fund, a leading Silicon Valley VC that funded some giants like Space X, Facebook, Spotify, DeepMind, etc.)
Their Advisory Board consists of leaders in Hollywood and Silicon Valley:
- Joshua Baer, founder/CEO of Capital Factory;
- Terry Dougas, Producer and financier of Film and TV. Founder of Rhea Films,1821 Media
- Angjoo Kanazawa, assistant professor at UC Berkeley and Google research scientist;
- Joe Russo Director, screenwriter, and Producer (directed Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame)
- Robert Schwab – Private equity investor, President, and CEO of R&L Properties.
- Steven Spielberg – Film director, producer, and screenwriter
- Antonio Torralba – Professor and Head of AI and Decision making, EECS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Gregory Trattner – President, Film Finances Inc. (World leader in completion guarantees and film services)
About the Position
We’re looking for 3D Character Design Artist to create iconic characters and memorable creatures for our content creation platform. We strongly believe in artists' empowerment, so the artist will have a very high level of creative freedom when making characters. We like to enable artists to create characters that they prefer to make when they work on their passion projects. This is not a position where you are told what to do and don't have creative freedom!
You will be a key driver of the platform's vision and will help define the overall look and feel of a wide variety of characters, creatures, hard surface characters, and others.
We're looking for someone with a strong sense of design as well as the ability to execute the highest-quality art. We value a tight-knit team that celebrates artistic freedom and pushing the creative bounds.
- Further the storytelling process by developing the look, personality and feel of the characters.
- Capture the personality and life of a character with their design and attire
- Work closely with founders and creative director to make the coolest possible characters
- Contribute to the development of the artistic techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve characters visual style or encourage artistic evolution within the studio
- Collaborate with other departments such as our Machine Learning, CG, and creative teams to learn about the bleeding-edge technology that we are building
- Explore a wide variety of ideas and push the boundaries of visual design
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong conceptual ideas and visual creativity to form original characters
- Creative vision to bring a character to life from concept
- Expert knowledge in standard art packages such as Photoshop, Illustrator, 3Ds Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer, etc.
- Experience in Maya and Blender is a plus
- Demonstration and understanding of the Visual Effects and associated pipelines is a plus
- Ability to translate reference into 2D or 3D art.
- Good communication and organizational skills
Why should you consider joining us?
At the intersection of film and technology, this job will offer a very unique experience, and you will be exposed to a diverse set of fields spanning from film production and visual effects to AI, machine learning, and computer vision. Because we are operating in the state-of-the-art territory, there will always be something new to learn on the horizon. We highly value our team and the support of our co-workers and strive to create the best environment to work in.
We offer a competitive salary, valuable stock options and comprehensive benefits that allow individual flexibility for all employees to choose what makes the most sense for their personal situation.
Wonder Dynamics is committed to a culture of flexibility, diversity, and fun for all of our employees. We are working on some of the most challenging technical problems and we know the solutions will come from all of us working together in an inclusive, transparent and open manner.