Can you imagine building a product that reinvents the way transportation is being used by hundreds of thousands of people every day? Instead of purchasing a vehicle, people use a service to get from A to B. Continue reading this job post to get the chance to be part of a fast-growing startup success story, building a global SaaS platform for new mobility and changing transportation how we know it today.
Your place in the team
The goUrban Engineering Team is looking for a product driven Engineering Manager to participate in all aspects of software development while providing leadership to a team of outstanding engineers. You'll support the team in building the next generation mobility solution, getting direct feedback of some of the worlds biggest mobility providers.
The ideal candidate has both technical and leadership experience and isn't afraid to jump in and lead by example. Our autonomous teams are empowered to take independent decisions with your guidance so there's a great opportunity for you to have a true impact.
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and will be leading, coaching, and mentoring 6-10 cross functional engineers.
What you would be working on
- Lead, grow, and inspire your team to perform at the highest level and successfully deliver their best output in a fast-paced environment
- Plan, coordinate and execute strategically important product initiatives to serve our strategic as well as client-driven roadmaps
- Closely collaborate with the Product Manager, Tech Lead, and Designer of the team to ensure solving the problems having the biggest business impact
- Observe and identify potential blockers for the team ahead of time and enable them to build sustainable solutions built for long-term endeavours
- Keep an eye on the teams’ deliverables and maintain a high engineering quality based on our best practices while keeping communicated deadlines
- Align the team by creating inspiring Objectives and Key results based on the company wide OKRs
- Communicate unambiguous and actionable feedback in regular 1:1 sessions with all your team members
- Develop tailored personal development plans and goals for all engineers in your teams to assist them growing towards their personal end goal
- Serve as a safe haven for your team to get through tough times or personal conflicts
- Closely collaborate with our Head of Engineering to drive the Engineering culture and corresponding initiatives
- Support us in thinking outside the box and shaping a unique engineering culture to develop products that people love
Our Tech Stack:
- Backend: ****Java, Spring Boot, Scala, Akka, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Other: AWS, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes
You think our stack is outdated? Challenge us and propose a new technology that might spice it up.
The goUrban hustle
At goUrban our people come first. Our outstanding culture at work is the first step to building leading products. This mindset and the claim to change global transportation to something better makes the drive of our people and work environment at goUrban special. Achieving our vision to power new mobility in urban transportation, corporate fleet sharing, rental services and vehicle subscription services requires a long-term commitment we are willing to undertake. This commitment is towards our clients, partners and team. Through constant reflection and dedication to having an impact on a better future of transportation, every single person at goUrban is an ambassador for sustainable and efficient shared mobility.
Benefits we have for you
- Very competitive salaries
- Private health insurance
- Shared vehicles for private use
- 25 days of holiday
- Hybrid work environment
- Equipment (MAC or PC)
- Team building budget
- Regular company social events
- Once per year international company gathering
- Free parking in the city center
- Truly flexible working hours
- …filled by you
goUrban is accelerating the transition to mobility as a service by offering the most powerful operating system for shared mobility. We have built customer-centric enterprise tools to help solve the operator’s challenges around operations, maintenance, customer support, marketing activities, business insights, accounting, control and access for city governments to comply with public regulations.
goUrban is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.