Providing technical support to customers and sales engineers. Your role as a Field application engineer will combine technical expertise with knowledge of sales techniques to improve sales and set new organizational objectives. Day-to-day tasks performed include maintaining relationships with our clients and representatives.
- Support customers across multiple markets and territories when technical issues arise. Provide field service and hands-on troubleshooting at customer sites, and coordinate on-site support;
- Provide feedback to Engineering and Sales regarding technical problems;
- Good understanding of customer needs relative to product(s), technology, direction, competition, design process and design cycle;
- Identify and develop relationships with all key technical decision makers and influencers in each account;
- Discover design requirements from the system level down to each individual element collaborating with the design, production and/or engineering departments to develop/execute technical strategies that help solve customer design challenges.
- Market supported lines to sales team by driving adoption of advocated solutions, with supplier partners, that meet customer needs and lead to increased design activity, design wins and sales growth.
- Proactively provides general application and product level sales training, proactively align with sales team in securing business. Communicate account calls with suppliers, account managers and/or inside sales.
- Identifies and tracks largest design opportunities from concept to production, utilizing all supplier resources to assure greatest potential for success.
- Creates presentations and other sales tools to enhance technical value and become a "trusted advisor" to both internal and external customers.
- Manages the product from beginning to end which involves communication and in-depth consultation with customers, sales and vendors.
- Research major industry players to be able to communicate to internal and external customers industry trends and directions.
- A thorough understanding of product lifecycles and the ability to design a full solution based on the customers expectation of product performance, lifecycles and total costs.
- Attend internal and external technical training to complete and maintain certification as necessary.
- A university degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience;
- An excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Superior communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Autonomous and self-motivated;
- Ability to work well under pressure in a multitasking environment;
- Travel will be required.