About LoveToKnow Media:
At LoveToKnow Media, we believe the good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
Our five distinct brands share a mission to make the world smarter. Unique in their content yet unified in their purpose, LoveToKnow, YourDictionary, WordFinder, GolfLink, and Bibliography.com compel expansive and engaged audiences of consumers who seek specialized subject matters.
Spanning 14 time zones, we cultivate exceptional talent from around the world. A global perspective is what fuels our success and ability to be one of the largest and most well-rounded digital media portfolios in the world. As one global community, we work collaboratively across continents and cultures to create informative content that truly makes the world smarter. Our flexible approach emboldens our employees to work in the environments that play to their strengths, including fully remote roles and flexible in-person roles in the heart of Barcelona.
Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 50M users per month. You will be helping support, maintain, and improve an extensive content website with 1000s of pages and a large editorial staff.
This is a Backend Developer (PHP – Symphony) position–you will be implementing design changes, updating the site admin and editing tools, writing data processing scripts, and integrating 3rd party components (e.g. advertising, social media).
Above all else, you are a software artisan with a passionate desire to craft elegant yet pragmatic solutions for every task you are given. This role spans leadership and planning, you will report directly to the Product Manager.
About the Role
- Maintain and enhance the existing codebase.
- Collaborate with other developers working on this site and other projects utilizing a wide variety of technologies.
- Coordinate with our product, design, data, revenue, and content teams to understand requirements.
- Architect and implement code and processes following industry standards and best practices.
What you will need to be successful
- Experience with Symfony, Doctrine, jQuery, Google Analytics, Vagrant, Hudson, Phing, Docker, or Google Closure Compiler a plus (nice to have).
- Fluent in multiple programming languages and interest in learning new technologies.
- Familiar with data modeling and database design.
- 5+ years engineering web sites and services.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.