SolidWorks Mechanical Engineer
Number of open positions: 5 positions
Working type: Hybrid
The SolidWorks Mechanical Engineer requires in-depth knowledge of documentation of new product design & development of medical devices, using SolidWorks tool. Typical job responsibilities include (but are not limited to) working with the product management groups from both local & global locations to understand the build of the test article, analyze, interpret, and modify 2D and 3D engineering drawings and build models.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow Mechanical Engineering best practices for methodology.
- Works with the Mechanical Engineering of R&D to complete, mechanical design task, plan required task, work within project priorities set by project leads, and provide feedback.
- Contribute ideas and input during product ideation and development to accomplish team objectives.
- Applies engineering principles to provide solutions to mechanical problems.
- Develops necessary mechanical models for sub-systems and system integration to guide product design.
- Generate intellectual property referenced to the mechanical design
- Preparation of SolidWorks drawings and models.
- Create and support project documentation
- Improve processes and procedures to develop high quality products at a minimum cost
- Using knowledge and expertise, solves problems, recommends architecture, and processes, recommends changes to existing architecture and processes, and exceptions to architecture, technology, and process standards globally.
- Supports integration of mechanical system level technical inputs in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams, including ME, BE, FW, HW experts.
- Prepare detailed technical presentations, reports and design documentation as required.
- Support design feasibility, design verification, and design validation activities with the development necessary test fixtures, and test methods.
- Research, analyze and adopt new technologies and work methodologies
- Support product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Promote and support an agile and lean development process
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Post-graduation in Design Engineering / Industrial Design is a plus
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer in a product design/development role.
- Proficient with Solid works and Microsoft Office suite software
- Good English communication and writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert in the use of SolidWorks tool
- Knowledge of medical standards and practices such as IEC13485, 43 FR 31 508, GMP
- Good design skills supported by simulation using FEA, MATLAB, or similar mathematical modelling.
- Good knowledge in materials, processes, and sources applicable to medical devices