The Windows Systems Engineer is responsible for the installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of Microsoft Windows-based technologies and Microsoft Active Directory across a multi-site, multi-national Enterprise.
He/she will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software, and related procedures adhere to organizational policies, and supports technologies including Windows 2016/19, AD, PowerShell, SCCM, SCOM, Hyper-V and VMware cloud technologies, Veeam and Office 365. The Windows Systems Engineer will provide high level of support for enterprise-wide initiatives, projects and service requests.
Employee will be part of a 24/7 on call rotation schedule.
Working schedule: Full remote at the moment, and hybrid model (2 days from home and 3 days from the office) once we return to the offices.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage Microsoft Windows infrastructure and tools across the Enterprise
- Responsible for daily technical operations and service request resolution
- Identify and mitigate issues that impede application service delivery
- Research improvements or shortfalls of existing applications and propose solutions
- Support and assist technical and non-technical internal users
- Accountable for the success of projects and duties assigned
- Investigating and reporting on new technologies and systems as requested
- Develop strategies to implement systems into the company’s Infrastructure
- Document all designs, systems and procedures
- Serve as escalation point for complex support issues
- Propose, design and build reliable business systems
- Perform monitoring and preventative maintenance on servers
- Helps other team members with any issues they may encounter so as to maintain overall team effectiveness.
- Actively seeks to promote a healthy team environment to maintain and increase overall team morale and individual team members’ job satisfaction.
- Degree in Computer Science or 3-5 years’ experience in a global IT infrastructure environment
- MCSE and or other Microsoft Certifications
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 2012 R2/2016/2019, AD, SCCM, SCOM
- Office 365 experience
- PowerShell scripting experience
- Strong grasp of network design and security
- Experience with ITIL or ITSM processes
- High degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple interdepartmental tasks in a timely fashion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of information security awareness
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the right candidate.