Global IT Factory is one of the leading providers of software for High Education Curriculum Management. We build systems for top-tier universities across the globe. We have been listed by Gartner® as one of the top 12 world producers of Curriculum Managements Systems. Our global business development and delivery teams are in Australia and Serbia.
Our company’s mission is to empower Universities around the globe, by providing them with tools to better manage, innovate and collaborate on designing Curriculums, Courses, and Programs.
As we are now growing and expanding our product set, the opportunity exists for the experienced, competent, and self-driven individual to work with our Belgrade team as a Product Designer for our brand-new PTC product
As a Product Designer, you will be transforming original concepts into compelling user experiences that resonate with a global audience. You will be responsible for exploring product problems, developing design solutions that solve these problems and implementing changes based on the users' feedback and the product's business strategy.
That is easier said than done, so to successfully achieve that, you will work alongside a Product Manager, UX/UI designer, Engineers, Researchers, and partners. Together you will drive the Product team to successfully deliver the optimal product.
We only work on our own products; we do not outsource.
CMS (Curriculum Management System): Our first product. We started working on it five years ago and it is already making success around the globe. It is a fully integrated End to End solution for Curriculum Management, enabling Universities to capture, manage and publish the curriculum structures of all their current and planned offerings. It is a great enabler and time saver for our Client Universities.
PTC (Plan Track & Check): This is our second product. We have just started working on it, and that is where we need your help. We are developing this product on a strong foundation created by CMS and good understanding of Education processes and technologies. We are taking lessons we learned from the mobile first approach and apply those lessons as we work to effectively accommodate all screen sizes. You will have opportunity to learn more about PTC product in an interview.
What will you do:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and company leaders to take products from concept to launch.
- Collaborate in planning and observing user tests and other design research activities.
- Properly leverage and contribute to our growing design system.
- Educate and mentor other designers while setting the bar of quality in execution and process.
- Run discovery workshops with Product Managers and Engineering to define opportunities within our products.
- Create success metrics to have a clear understanding of how your design impacts customers.
- Deliver detailed wireframes, user flows, visual design, and other artifacts to agile development teams and refine as needed during project sprints.
- Prototyping designs for user research using low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Anything else you may feel as important to do.
- 3+ years of experience in a product design role on a product design team working across the entire product development lifecycle and successfully shipping products.
- Experience designing web-based and mobile applications.
- Portfolio must demonstrate strong user experience, user interface, and design thinking skills that span the entire product design process.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including guiding designs throughout the development cycle.
- Strong (English) written and oral communication skills.
- Tertiary degree or equivalent practical experience.
Why work with us:
- We work in cross-functional teams that are very strong technically. You’ll be working alongside senior professionals, with plenty of industry experience. Being part of a highly professional, growing team focused on great outcomes, will foster your personal and professional growth.
- We’ll trust you and help you grow. You’ll be given plenty of responsibility as your role will be vital for the company to meet its proposed targets. We also take career development seriously, and provide education and courses as needed.
- Work from anywhere. We rely on top global talent, not only those living within a 10km radius from the office. We trust our people to work remotely and deliver on the proposed results.
Our hiring process:
- You read our ad and like what you see.
- You submit your CV.
- We like what we see and invite you to an interview to discuss your previous experience as well as your future career plans.
- We realize that our plans overlap and invite you to our technical interview.
- You pass the interview, and you will hear from us no later than a week from it.
Like what you see? Apply now to learn more about this opportunity and gain the chance to be a part of a growing IT Ed-tech company!