Inovatec is an exciting growth company based in Burnaby, BC, established in 2006. We are North America’s leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for the automotive, motorcycle, powersports, and equipment financing industries. Our solutions are used by some of the largest banks, credit unions, and finance companies in Canada and the U.S.
At Inovatec, we foster a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages collaboration where we grow together and win as a team. It’s important that we live up to our four core values: make sound decisions, get better every day, find a way, and we before me. We thrive by challenging the status quo to push the industry forward, and we know when to have fun! With team members across North America and Europe, we’re committed to investing in the development of our team, no matter where they’re located.
This is an opportunity to join a passionate group of innovators at a fast-growing company: over the last 5 years, we have more than doubled in size, and we expect to double again in the next 5 years. This position will be an integral part of our Product engineering team as we head into the next phase of our growth.
A Technical Manager is primarily in charge of spearheading and overseeing the efforts in developing a company's technological projects and programs, ensuring efficiency and smooth workflow through management of a technical team. Responsibilities include setting goals and timelines, managing teams and resources, gathering and analyzing data to identify areas needing improvement, and implementing solutions against problem areas. Furthermore, as a Technical Manager, it is essential to lead and encourage teams to reach goals, all while implementing the company's policies and procedures.
A Technical Manager must have in-depth overall knowledge related to software development and information systems management, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. They must be effective leaders, team-builders, and managers, with the ability to motivate staff and evaluate performance. Interpersonal skills are essential for collaborating with team members and interacting with senior management, coworkers, and clients. Technical Managers must be goal-oriented, deadline-driven, and have the ability to identify and solve problems as they arise. They must also have strong scheduling skills and be proficient in reporting on team outcomes.
Technical manager should be responsible for planning and overseeing team work and deliverables.
- Managing a team of Development and QA professionals including the following roles:
- Technical Leads, Developer, and QA roles
- Leading the daily stand up meetings and helping reduce barriers for team member.
- Leading Development and QA resources to provide high quality enterprise-wide solutions.
- Delegating work and assignments to team members
- Monitor project executions from technical perspective
- Provide support to a team to overcome any obstacle and impediment that impacts daily work
- Training and coaching team members on process improvements
- Leading and implementing development and QA standards within the team, working with technical leads. Ensure standards are aligned with other teams and company-wide
- Conducting data collection and analyzing performance to ensure that project and team goals are met:
- Weekly reporting, Quarterly Goals
- Setting EOS Rocks for team members and meeting regularly to ensure progress
- Conducting all required LMA activities for team members allowing for career and personal growth:
- 1 on 1s, Quarterly Conversations, Bonus Discussions, Performance Review, Any further EOS Requirements
- These LMA activities include 360-degree feedback cycles which incorporate input from team members, Technical Leads and Product Owners
- Verifying accurate time logging for team members
- Assigning resources to projects as required and make certain that Jira Planner has an accurate representation of capacity
- Hiring new team members, onboarding, and ensuring a funnel of new candidates are available. (With support of HR)
- Managing and reporting on metrics like rework and refactoring %
Our core values:
Make sound decisions: We put ourselves in our customer's shoes, always ensuring we have the right facts and focus on solving the right problems.
Find a way: No matter the challenge, we overcome hurdles, seek out solutions, and follow through on commitments to consistently exceed expectations.
Get better every day: With our growth mindset and positive attitude, we apply our passion for innovation not just to our products, but also to ourselves.
We before me: Our collaborative spirit pushes us to act without ego, to communicate openly and honestly, and to win as a team.
What we offer:
- Long term, full-time employment (8 hours per day, Monday-Friday) in an office in Belgrade or Kragujevac (during COVID-19 we can work from home, work from the office is an option if you adhere to all health and safety on work measures)
- Growth potential
- Opportunity to be part of a highly talented, professional and friendly team in a dynamic working environment
- The ability to use cutting edge technologies
- Excellent working conditions and equipment
- Further professional development
- Relaxed, casual and stress-free, yet professional working environment
- Very competitive salaries and performance-based bonuses
- Private health insurance
- Private pension
- Fully covered sick leave
- Udemy for business account
- All benefits paid pursuant to relevant Serbian laws
- Soft drinks, tea, coffee
- Social activities and a very friendly working environment