The VMware Engineer will work with a team responsible for the underlying systems as they relate to all Phoenix NAP products. The ideal candidate should have an understanding of virtual system administration and high technical aptitude as well as a strong customer service base.
As the VMware Engineer you will work closely with operational leads to ensure that the infrastructure needs of all cloud-oriented business units are met. The ideal candidate will have a high technical aptitude and the willingness to seek out new challenges. Success in this position will be measured by the individual’s ability to maintain current systems, deploy new environments, and provide exceptional support to our customers.
Location: US, Malta, Serbia, Remote
Working Hours: For candidates outside of US, hours are from 3pm till 11pm.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Perform 3rd level support for public, private, and hybrid cloud customers
- Responsible for daily technical operations and service request resolution
- Proactively monitor, identify, and resolve system ailments
- Participate in provisioning of new environments and capabilities
- Provide internal as well as external customer service and support
- This position will have on-call responsibilities
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of basic cloud methodologies and virtualized infrastructures
- At least one year of experience with virtualization, VMware preferred
- Moderate understanding of networking principals
- Must possess a knack for solving problems and picking up new technology
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow complicated procedures
- Must be highly motivated to learn and grow as a technologist
- The ability to support stressful situations, tight deadlines, and demanding customers
- The willingness to go above and beyond expectations
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the right candidate.