Magna International is one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world – We are committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering, and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
Magna Global IT is a provider of reliable and innovative IT solutions to assist Magna in succeeding globally.
Magna Global IT is looking for a talented System Engineer, Modern Workplace who can support and manage the SharePoint, Microsoft Teams Conferencing and Calling services on a global basis. The successful candidate will collaborate with customers to deliver effective and innovative business technology solutions using SharePoint, Microsoft 365 and Azure services. Also will play a strategic role in maintaining and developing those systems and ensuring the secure and reliable operation in a fast-paced environment.
- Administer cloud-based Microsoft 365 platform, including SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Yammer, Forms, Power Platform etc.
- Provide out of the box customizations including creating lists, libraries, content types, webparts, pages, lookup columns, workflows etc.
- Collaborate with customers to ensure solutions address their needs, demo solutions to the business
- Automate day to day repeat operational activities for example using PowerShell/ API provision SharePoint Online sites/ Yammer communities, provide reporting etc.
- Install and maintain apps, feature, web part, template or solutions including 3rd party software or applications
- SharePoint migration activities including copy/move or restructure contents
- Troubleshoot SharePoint connectivity issues – using Audit Logs or debugging with Fiddler, browser developer tools etc.
- Support Magna GIT’s Microsoft Teams Conferencing and Calling Services
- Oversight of VIP and C-Level Webcasts and Live Events
- Management of new features in the products
- Participation in MS Teams calling implementation projects
- Go-to person for all questions around Web conferences, Webcasts, Teams Calling
- Support and Management of Conference Room Systems (MTRs and Webex Devices)
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Monitoring cloud services and provide 2nd/ 3rd level support / ticket handling
- Participation in on-call rotation support
Knowledge and Education
- Preferably Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a relevant field.
Work Experience and Skills
- Preferably 3-5 years of experience managing and configuring SPO, OneDrive and Microsoft Teams
- Well versed with Microsoft Cloud services (M365 and Azure services)
- Strong scripting skills, familiarity with automation through PowerShell, Power Automation
- Experience administering SharePoint on premise farms (V 2016, 2019) is an asset
- Familiarity with migration/ reporting tools like Sharegate, SharePoint Migration Tool
- Familiar with Microsoft online services like: Forms, Yammer, Project Online, Azure Active directory, Azure Web apps
- Experience using Power Automate to create workflows that connect existing applications (e.g., Office 365, SharePoint, MS Teams, Outlook, SQL Server etc.)
- Preferably experience with PBX systems / cloud voice services
- Preferably experience with IP Telephony, SBCs and DRaaS
- Experience managing and configuring meeting room conference systems (MS & Cisco)
- Experience with ITSM & Ticket systems is an advantage
- A good understanding of WiFi, WAN & LAN technologies including QoS
- A good understanding of Video and Audio-Conferencing hardware / technologies
- Familiarity with SharePoint Framework (SPFx), Microsoft PowerBI experience is an advantage
- Advanced skills in MS Office products
- Good knowledge of iOS, Android, and Windows 10/11 operating systems advantageous
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Effective English communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated technical matters to management, IT partners and the end users
- Can work independently or part of a team.
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions.
- Must be an independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision-making and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work Environment.
We offer yearly bonus and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience, but more importantly we offer great learning and development opportunities and exposure to cutting edge technology.