VMWare Automation Engineer (VMWare VRealize Automation/Operations).
You will work as a member of the Platform Engineering team looking after our internal cloud solution built on top of VMWare. As a member of the Platform Engineering team you will codify our infrastructure, define and deploy our monitoring and alerting stack, develop new automations and features which are going be used in a self service approach by our product deployment teams.
Collaborate with the Cloud Operations, Security and Architecture teams in establishing the best of breed operational practices.
- Develop, implement, and manage data center network infrastructure in a private cloud environment;
- Deploy, maintain, and continually optimize network and firewall configurations for the on-premises cloud-based infrastructure;
- Develop and maintain technical diagrams and documentation;
- A solid networking (routing and switching) foundation, with an in-depth understanding of network protocols and applications, such as OSPF, BGP, DNS, DHCP, SSL/TLS/Encryption;
- Solid understanding of virtual hypervisors like ESX, server hardware technologies;
Experience with the following technologies:
- Arista switches, NSX, INFOBLOX. Network Virtulaization (SDN / NSX-V / NSX-T) and integration with Container environments (kubernetes/OpenShift);
- Professional experience implementing and supporting cloud services (VMware SSDC), modern data center architectures, Software Defined Networks (SDN) with a broad knowledge of current IT infrastructure and cloud services trends;
- Strong background in data center networking technologies like Arista MLAG, Spine-Leaf designs, CVX/CVP and VXLAN layer2 extensions, EVPN, etc. Familiarity with Arista EOS and CloudVision is strongly preferred;
- Highly proficient with network troubleshooting, performance tuning techniques, network packet capture and analysis;
- Experience with network management tools (Cloud Vision, CVX, Vmware NSX manager, IPAM);
- Scripting experience in Python (or similar languages), to facilitate automation and troubleshooting; experience using RESTful API's to query supported applications.
- Expert at VMware automation/orchestration (VMware VRealize Automation, VMware VRealize Orchestrator);
- Expert at VMware virtualization (ESX, VSAN, NSX);
- Infrastructure as Code concepts and practices (Git, VRA Blueprints);
- Experience at configuring and troubleshooting VMWare environments.
- Fluent spoken and written English;
- Experience working in a Scrum team;
- Collaborative and proactive mindset.